Happy Holidays and Thanks

rob.notenboom

I've posted 'thank-you' threads quite a few times, but I honestly feel like it is still not enough. So here goes another one. It seems like an appropriate time given that it's close to the end of what has been such an event filled year. 

First off, happy holidays everyone. I'm glad to have renewed acquaintances and added a lot more faces to online profiles this year. As a Voyageur from one of Canada's pseudo-hinterlands, I really treasure connecting with others from across the country. 

Thanks first is all to Jamie and your countless hours of work on our behalf and to Pete and other Vs in Toronto. It was great coming in for GC, and additionally a fantastic experience in Vancouver. Pretty amazing how one guy can play such a huge role in events all across the country. 

Thanks to Mike, Sergio and crew in Edmonton for all the WWC organization. Once again, it was a great experience. 

Thanks to Zach, Massimo and many others in Vancouver for all your work and organization for WCQ. What a fantastic time that was. 

Cheers all. It's been a great 2015. Here's to a fantastic 2016. 

(PS - Put this in the men's forum for the most eyes to see it). 

20 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

I've posted 'thank-you' threads quite a few times, but I honestly feel like it is still not enough. So here goes another one. It seems like an appropriate time given that it's close to the end of what has been such an event filled year. 

First off, happy holidays everyone. I'm glad to have renewed acquaintances and added a lot more faces to online profiles this year. As a Voyageur from one of Canada's pseudo-hinterlands, I really treasure connecting with others from across the country.  Especially when I connect with those in Ontario.  I feel so blessed to know that people from the center of the universe take time out of their incredibly busy schedules to converse with a guy like me from some backwoods place like Saskatchewan.

Thanks first is all to Jamie and your countless hours of work on our behalf and to Pete and other Vs in Toronto. It was great coming in for GC, and additionally a fantastic experience in Vancouver. Pretty amazing how one guy can play such a huge role in events all across the country. 

Thanks to Mike, Sergio and crew in Edmonton for all the WWC organization. Once again, it was a great experience. 

Thanks to Zach, Massimo and many others in Vancouver for all your work and organization for WCQ. What a fantastic time that was. 

Thanks to El Hombre for being awesome.  Like seriously awesome.  I'm in constant awe of his awesomeness.

Cheers all. It's been a great 2015. Here's to a fantastic 2016. 

(PS - Put this in the men's forum for the most eyes to see it). 

Awww, thanks Rob.  You shouldn't have.  You're too kind.  All the best to you too in 2016.

(:cool:)

Thanks to all who made this year possible, big thanks to Jamie as always.

Got to meet a bunch of you guys this year between gold cup/pan am/WCQ and hope to meet a bunch more in Vancouver.

Also a big thank you to maddog and maestro for giving us an unforgettable game in what could have been a rather boring event. 

Been a hell of a year! A massive thank you to those in Edmonton who made me feel welcome for WWC 2015 vs China, specifically Rob, madmonte and River City. Also was great to meet ESG Shawn and some others that I don't think are on this board.

And a massive thank you to everyone who came to the Canada / Honduras watch party in Calgary. Makes it worth me planning another watch party in March.

Also, a big thank you to those ESG members who came down to Hellard in June for a Foot Soldiers / ESG mashup, Sport Shaman, River City, Onkeldal, ThrillaFC and Stuttgart4ever, you guys are all top notch in my books.

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the ground,

Not a creature was stirring, there wasn't a sound.

The boots were all hung in the change room with care,

In hopes that Saint (insert name of fictitious world-class Canadian striker) soon would be there.

The players were nestled, all snug in their beds,

While visions of the the hex danced in their heads.

And mamma in her away kit, and me with my scarf,

Had just seen Jack Warner and started to barf.

When out on the pitch, there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the can and saw Sepp Blatter.

Away to the window I flew like Ricketts,

Tore open the shutters, and threw up my biscuits.

The moon on the breasts of the new-fallen ho,

Gave the lustre of FIFA gold coins to objects below.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a starting eleven with a cooler of beer.

With a little old gaffer, so old and so slow, 

I knew in a moment, it must be Floro.

More rapid than golfers, his courses they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called Osorio by name (finally).

"Now Edgar, now Froeze, now Hoillet and Borjan,

On Johnson, on Teibert, on Atiba and Larin

Mercifully, for anyone unlucky enough to have read this crapola, I'm being called away to put some decorations together so I won't finish it.

Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noël 

On 12/24/2015 at 10:51 AM, shermanator said:

Been a hell of a year! A massive thank you to those in Edmonton who made me feel welcome for WWC 2015 vs China, specifically Rob, madmonte and River City. Also was great to meet ESG Shawn and some others that I don't think are on this board.

On 12/23/2015 at 2:02 PM, rob.notenboom said:

Merry Christmas to all! I'd like to echo a special thanks to all those in Edmonton who really did make me feel welcome as well. Especially Sergio and Mike who went above and beyond to help!

Archived