Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

5 hours ago, Kadenge said:

It would really help his development defense wise if TFC played him consistently as a FB if that is in fact his best position. His skill on the ball is exceptional and I wonder if he would make a better winger or even an attacking mid?...never mind we need FBs lol.

The more I watch him, the more I feel that he would be a really good flank midfielder/winger on the left, playing inside more and working in conjuction with an attacking LB to make space for overlapping runs.  There's a high degree of craft in his game.

Edited by BearcatSA

6 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

The more I watch him, the more I feel that he would be a really good flank midfielder/winger on the left, playing inside more and working in conjuction with an attacking LB to make space for overlapping runs.  There's a high degree of craft in his game.

He was drafted as a winger off the left but couldn't get MLS minutes for 4 years until he was shifted to RB.

Over on BigSoccer, we were discussing Canada on a  USMNT forum thread, and I said I think there are three guys who are lock starters for Canada - Davies, David, and Laryea. Others said Borjan, and that's probably true right now, but I could see him challenged in the not-distant future. Arfield is if he's fit. 

4 hours ago, One American said:

Over on BigSoccer, we were discussing Canada on a  USMNT forum thread, and I said I think there are three guys who are lock starters for Canada - Davies, David, and Laryea. Others said Borjan, and that's probably true right now, but I could see him challenged in the not-distant future. Arfield is if he's fit. 

Arfield scored again for Rangers this weekend. That’s two games in a row now. Seems he may be rounding into form.

I would say Hutchinson is also a lock when fit and available, though It feels he has 1 foot in retirement. Anytime he is including it’s more like a bonus.

19 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

In the last game,  i started paying a little more attention at what he doing defensively.  And from what i can tell,  it was pretty good.

11 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

How did he get screwed out of an assist Saturday? I disagree with the rule but understand why he didn't get one vs. Montreal but on Saturday he had a clear ball to Piatti who played it in to Akinola.

I never really understand the rules MLS have for dishing out 2nd assists, so who knows.

The Richie evolution. He first just ran down the wings. Then he crossed the ball into the box to whoever could get onto it.

Then he started looking to make passes to specific players and making different types of passes. And now he's taking on players in tight spaces inside the box - a skill not usually seen in Canadian football circles.

It looks like a lock for the next 2 World Cup cycles. We have one of the best fullbacks in Concacaf - though he might not play there. Looks like we may have the 2 best now.

Edited by red card