Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

5 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

I think this should be tried at some point. However the drawback is you'd have to sit a strong attacking player in favour of our 3rd best CB, who will likely be our weakest player on the pitch. 

Is it smart to sacrifice Hoilett (for example) in favour of... Miller? Waterman? Vitoria? Cornelius? 

Screenshot_20200717-224015_LINEUP11.jpg

So Hoilett to the bench with James entrusted at the heart of our defense.

No thanks.

It’s essentially the same problem as having 4-3-3 with Davies as a winger. You’d have to sit Hoilett for Miller/Adekugbe at LB. The only way to get all your best players on the field is with Davies at LB with 4 at the back, which is what Herdman has been criticized on here for doing.

On 7/17/2020 at 8:59 PM, Yohan said:

Let's also not too wild about Laryea at LB over one game

That’s how we roll here. 1 game is enough to say either “this player shouldn’t be called anymore, we have to bring on the kids” if someone plays poorly or is benched, or “he will be a guaranteed starter for us through the 2026 World Cup” if a player plays well.

19 hours ago, Obinna said:

So Hoilett to the bench with James entrusted at the heart of our defense.

No thanks.

I think you’d have to have hutch or another defensive minded cm in front of the back three. But considering how bad the team is in defense this probably gives the best stability.

i still think Vitoria or jackovic would be ahead of Cornelius 

3 hours ago, top cheese said:

I think you’d have to have hutch or another defensive minded cm in front of the back three. But considering how bad the team is in defense this probably gives the best stability.

Judt put Hutch in James' spot and I am comfortable. Bigger chance he is around in 2022 than Ferreira. Sorry Mikmacdo.

Edited by Obinna

3 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Wonder if Fraser could be a CB in the middle of a back 3. 

That’s the only way I’d wanna see hutch at CB as well. In a back 4, I want guys who play CB for their club every day but I don’t mind it as much in a back 3

10 hours ago, Obinna said:

Judt put Hutch in James' spot and I am comfortable. Bigger chance he is around in 2022 than Ferreira. Sorry Mikmacdo.

You know, I always wondered if Hutchinson could fill in as a Cb , that middle role in the three is essentially a dcm 

herdman btw likes to change his platform from a 4-3-3 to a 3-5-2 fluidly in game

14 minutes ago, top cheese said:

You know, I always wondered if Hutchinson could fill in as a Cb , that middle role in the three is essentially a dcm 

herdman btw likes to change his platform from a 4-3-3 to a 3-5-2 fluidly in game

Hutch at CB changes who you could pair with him IMO.  Given the speed and athleticism of some CONCACAF  forwards, if you choose Hutch you pair him with Henry, Cornelius, or James.  Vitoria, Ferreira, or even Didic or Jakovic would just set you up to be ripped apart by pace.

4 hours ago, top cheese said:

Didn't Hutch play couple of games as CB recently? Or is my brain playing tricks on me?

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I think he came on to play midfield in that game, but I could be misremembering.

Pretty sure he was in the middle of a back 3. It was a 5-4-1 with Hutch Henry Cornelius as the CB. Lol will Johnson tiebert started. David osirio afield came off the bench. What was Herdman thinking. 

Edited by Mikmacdo

44 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Pretty sure he was in the middle of a back 3. It was a 5-4-1 with Hutch Henry Cornelius as the CB. Lol will Johnson tiebert started. David osirio afield came off the bench. What was Herdman thinking. 

And we started playing good football when he made the subs. Really questionable tactics. Seemed like he wasn't even considering trying to win that game until halftime 

I place at least a bit of the blame on the ridiculous set up of the Gold Cup. The travel schedule is ridiculous, especially when you are put in Mexico’s group. It is a tournament that is begging for teams to rest players.

• 1 month later...