Ticket sales suspended at noon tomorrow

Admin

Attention! Ticket sales for Canada vs Mexico will go offline tomorrow at noon.

I need to assess who we have sold tickets to and possibly remove public sales. Tickets in the stadium are reportedly selling extremely fast.

We may circle the wagons and sell only through the Vancouver supporters groups, to previous members of The Voyageurs and anyone who has bought tickets in the past.

Our job is to provide a vibrant, energetic and loud supporters section for the full 90 minutes. Going re asses our sales and distribution strategy to ensure this is the case.

This all happening for good reasons I think, not bad.

I just want to make sure that we get the tickets to people we know will help create the supporters section.

We are a bunch of lazy bastards and do things at the last minute.

Can't this  time and need to take a time out and kick some butts into gear.

I'm in for 5 but totally agree, Mexican fans are organized, they will try to take over the stadium. I hope the CSA is strict with away support otherwise game day could be a very bad experience. Even with Honduras they were scattered all over the park, granted most moved in the 2nd half to the designated section. I fear this voluntary approach will not work at all with Mexico and we and the CSA must be a bit more proactive in getting the message across that only Canadian fans can sit in the rest of the stadium. Mexican fans should be turned away at the doors or relocated immediately if they do not have tickets to the designated away support section.

The CSA is definitely making good moves towards creating a pro Canadian crowd

If someone is getting on a plane to get here from another country, there is little you are going to be able to do to stop them from getting a ticket.

Realistically you can't tell someone they can't sit in a certain section, not in Canada, and that is a good thing.

I hope what they did worked. It's hard to tell who bought all those tickets. I suspect it might be Canadians because the Mexico supporters section was not sold.

This isn't about Mexicans buying our tickets. It's more about anyone buying our tickets simply because they are cheap rather than wanting to be part of the supporters section.

9 minutes ago, Bully said:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Haven't organized my group yet, we are all students so no one knows midterm sched and all that. When will you 'circle the wagons back', Jamie? 

You will always be able to buy tickets, as long as I still have them.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

And I think some people have bought tickets who are on the fence due to finances and/or schedules around Easter (me included).  If I cannot attend, I will offer my two up to a Voyageur and a Voyageur only.

We will create some kind of system for this. 

I suspect there will be zero problem moving these for this game.

Just bought 10! 

Hopefully it will be 5 from Calgary, drive up to Kelowna.. Meet up with 5 of our buds there, then truck along.

I am the only 'official' V. But I assure you we will be louder than all of Mexico. 
Bunch of proud, sport loving, obnoxious Canadian hosers! 

What would the numbers be like in the V's section if it sold out?

1 hour ago, Bully said:

Just bought 10! 

Hopefully it will be 5 from Calgary, drive up to Kelowna.. Meet up with 5 of our buds there, then truck along.

I am the only 'official' V. But I assure you we will be louder than all of Mexico. 
Bunch of proud, sport loving, obnoxious Canadian hosers! 

What would the numbers be like in the V's section if it sold out?

If we sell out totally, 3000 I think.

1 hour ago, harrymonkey said:

gotcha any idea where the pregame festivities will be and can we buy shirts there or better to do online

We will announce that early next year.

Because it is a holiday, we expect it to be big so we need an appropriate venue.

10 minutes ago, harrymonkey said:

Sorry a little confused I bought the five tickets and paid with pay pal but when I go to manage my orders I don't see anything am I looking in the wrong place I have never done this before.

Ah, I don't use the built in e-commerce for tickets, cause it's thousands.  It would be wicked slow to use, it's built for shipping shirts.

Tickets won't appear there, but I am looking to change that in the future.

Instead I use Pay Pal directly and work from a downloaded log file.

Archived