Need a name / identity for our pre game parties.

Admin

We need a name for our pre game parties.

Curling has  'The Patch' for their beer garden during the Brier.  We need a name for this.

There is also the night before event organized by the CSA which looks to become a staple event they plan on growing which I think is fantastic.  I agree with Zach... Fan Rally is .... well.... no.

Let's give both of these some character....

Ideas?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Voyageur pregame party, call it a "Paddle". Come out for the paddle at Doolin's.....we'll start paddling at 6 then march to the game at 7....

The fan rally, thinking of Canada metaphors and drinking metaphors:  Cool Mix. The CSA is organizing a Cool Mix for fans before next Fridays crucial qualifier...."How was the Cool Mix?" "It was cool, yeah, though I didn't mix much, just stuck to beer...

Now someone give me a name for this cold and cough, plus the sniffle. Until I know it's name I can't tell it to get the fuck outta here.

3 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

RENDEZVOUS!!

I like rendezvous but it's so perfect that it people don't actually get it. 

I was reading the Voyageur wiki and only realized then it's significance. To the average person, wouldn't it just sound like using the french term for meet up?

1 minute ago, Califax said:

I was reading the Voyageur wiki and only realized then it's significance. To the average person, wouldn't it just sound like using the french term for meet up?

Yes maybe. 

Rendezvous des voyageurs just seems right to me though. 

And we could call the march 'The Portage Trail' (kidding). 

22 minutes ago, Califax said:

I don't know if I'm just being slow right now... but I don't get it....

I guess rendezvous was initial what they called voyageurs meeting up to trade fur. 

from wiki...

"For voyageur-based fur trade, that main route was divided into two (occasionally three) segments, each traversed by a different set of voyageurs. Once or twice per year a larger gathering took place for the purpose of transferring furs and trading goods among these groups of voyageurs. The largest gatherings occurred at the largest such transfer points on the shore of Lake Superior atGrand Portage or Fort William. A rendezvous was also a time for rest and revelry."

-------------

Thank being said, I worry that most people will have your reaction. 

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The Voyageur pregame party, call it a "Paddle". Come out for the paddle at Doolin's.....we'll start paddling at 6 then march to the game at 7....

The fan rally, thinking of Canada metaphors and drinking metaphors:  Cool Mix. The CSA is organizing a Cool Mix for fans before next Fridays crucial qualifier...."How was the Cool Mix?" "It was cool, yeah, though I didn't mix much, just stuck to beer...

Now someone give me a name for this cold and cough, plus the sniffle. Until I know it's name I can't tell it to get the fuck outta here.

Sticking with a Canadian theme, how about a Bush Party?

11 hours ago, Califax said:

Maybe pronounce it without any French inflection:  the RON-DEZ-VOUSSE

Archived