Iain Hume on fire in India! Canada needs him against Mexico!

Ive been watching Ian Hume playing in India. He's been scoring like a mad man over there. We definitely need him against Mexico have him and Larin play up top. Hoilett, Johnson, Akindele in mid field moving up. Hutchinson and de Guzman helping the defence. Doniel Henry, Jakovic and de Jong as defense. Borjan as goalie. We stand a chance especially in BC Place. Common Floro you can set this up!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been watching Ian Hume playing in India. He's been scoring like a mad man over there. We definitely need him against Mexico have him and Larin play up top. Hoilett, Johnson, Akindele in mid field moving up. Hutchinson and de Guzman helping the defence. Doniel Henry, Jakovic and de Jong as defense. Borjan as goalie. We stand a chance especially in BC Place. Common Floro you can set this up!

Why stop there!? Clone Hume and have him and his 10 clones out there, 0-0-11 formation - all forwards. Mexico's goin' down! 

All joking aside, Hume could very easily be called. Lots of talk before about bringing Occean back, but id take Hume first any day of the week.

It depends of what you are looking for. OO would be first if we are looking at a target man type of forward. Hume in that role has been a disaster for the MNT (not his fault, he just doesn't have the skills set to play that role).

That being said, I would have no problem if we would call him in January to look at him.

It depends of what you are looking for. OO would be first if we are looking at a target man type of forward. Hume in that role has been a disaster for the MNT (not his fault, he just doesn't have the skills set to play that role).

That being said, I would have no problem if we would call him in January to look at him

Yeah I was already thinking of Hume as a change of pace from Larin 6.2 and Haber 6.3. Ive always felt Occean wouldn't get a look cause we have similar traits in a younger package with new lads. 

Hume is a different club to have in the bag. Unless floro wants a paint by number in which case...

I follow the Indian Super League quite closely and I love the spectacle and entertainment, but the defending there isn't exactly top notch. I'd really like to see Iain Hume play somewhere for the rest of the year. e.g. League One or something, so I can compare his stats to our other guys in the striker role.

^ This is the reality of Iain's situation. The one thing I'd say makes him worthy still of a call up is the fact he wears his heart on his sleeve when he pulls on the Nats jersey. He was the only guy out there who still had heart in that 8-1 loss.

Yeah I was already thinking of Hume as a change of pace from Larin 6.2 and Haber 6.3. Ive always felt Occean wouldn't get a look cause we have similar traits in a younger package with new lads. 

Hume is a different club to have in the bag. Unless floro wants a paint by number in which case...

The younger guys, although they play well at club level, haven't proven themselves internationally.  OO has a very rare knack of scoring for Canada.

I follow the Indian Super League quite closely and I love the spectacle and entertainment, but the defending there isn't exactly top notch. I'd really like to see Iain Hume play somewhere for the rest of the year. e.g. League One or something, so I can compare his stats to our other guys in the striker role.

I'm just curious, how do you follow the Indian League?  Is it something that involves paying some outrageous fee to a cable company or some sort of clever internet trickery?  

Would it be possible for the financially and internetally challenged to see a bit of it?

I'm just curious, how do you follow the Indian League?  Is it something that involves paying some outrageous fee to a cable company or some sort of clever internet trickery?  

Would it be possible for the financially and internetally challenged to see a bit of it?

I just use dodgy streaming sites and official highlight videos from their official website. Never watched it on TV though ;)

Iain Hume vs Pavel Cmovs

Mumbai’s defence can expect to have their hands full with Iain Hume circling their penalty area. The Canadian striker has been in scintillating form this year, having scored nine goals and two hat-tricks in the process. Hume is also capable of creating chances for his team-mates and has made three assists for ATK so far.

A rock at the heart of Mumbai’s defence all season, Pavel Cmovs’ 39 tackles for his side thus far are second only to their midfield general Cristian Bustos. Comfortable in possession, Cmovs has a passing accuracy of 83% in Hero ISL 2015. The 25-year-old has also made the most number of clearances for his side (91).

previewmatch54.png

HUME: IT’S BEEN A TREAT TO BE AT THE END OF DOUTIE’S CROSSES

Atlético de Kolkata’s 4-1 rout of FC Pune City at the Salt Lake Stadium in the 2015 Hero Indian Super League on Friday evening saw them become the first team to gain a semi-final berth. Canadian Iain Hume played a big role in the win as he registered his second hat-trick this season. In an exclusive interview to indiansuperleague.com, the diligent forward reviewed his team’s performance and his partnership with Sameehg Doutie. Here are the excerpts from the interview.

How does it feel scoring two hat-tricks in the same season?

Fortuitous! The lads put two tap-ins for me. Funnily enough, I nearly missed the first one when the ball bobbled up and hit my shin but it found the back of the net. There have been many games where I have done everything right, but I haven’t scored. Luckily, today wasn’t one of them. The team’s worked hard, and so have I. We were lucky at times and are a tad bit disappointed on losing out on a clean sheet. Eventually, 4-1 should help us with our goal difference.

ATK became the first team to qualify for the semis. What are your thoughts on that?

It’s nice to secure our place but we’ve got a big game coming up against Mumbai. After our last encounter, they will want to come here and set things right. So we can’t just rest on our laurels. We’ve got to approach Mumbai in the same way as we’ve approached other teams. So we’ve got to stay level-headed and work towards the semi-finals.

Scoring in four consecutive matches, how does it feel to be in such a blistering form?

As the season started, I was a bit sloppy with my finishing. Now I often keep getting chances to score goals; the guys keep putting them on a plate for me, and it’s down to me just to put it in. It helps to have the likes of Arata [Izumi], [Sameehg] Doutie, [Jaime] Gavilan and Borja [Fernandez] working with you. It’s helped me nine times this season and I’ll continue working the same way.

How about your chemistry with Sameehg Doutie?

It’s a massive bonus when you have someone like Doutie have your back, who’s relentlessly been a trouble for the opponents. He’s good, took some time to get back into the squad and now he’s claimed it deservingly. It’s been a treat to be at the end of his crosses.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a proposal for all of you.

Why don't we start a hashtag and start spamming social media for bringing Iain Hume back to Canada? Ideally, I'd like to have him play for Ottawa Fury FC, but we could all try to convince to come to our respective clubs (in MLS/NASL)?

There is precedent, for this working. This year Werder Bremen fans tweeted in the thousands to bring back Pizarro and the club ended up following through on that!

I am horrible at hashtags, but one that could work e.g. would be: #BringHumeyHome ? Thoughts?

Archived