2015 Toronto FC Offseason News

shermanator

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if a loan for Michael Petrasso would be realistic/possible?  Probably... but I bet TFC management would be too stubborn to take a guy who left them, even if he clearly made the right choice.

How about Doneil Henry back on loan as well?  It doesn't look like he'll get any minutes this season for West Ham and he needs football desperately.  And even with the signing of Moor we still know we're just one injury away from a backline nightmare... as we are every season.

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

I wonder if a loan for Michael Petrasso would be realistic/possible?  Probably... but I bet TFC management would be too stubborn to take a guy who left them, even if he clearly made the right choice.

Eh... the current TFC management is literally completely different than the one that was in place when Petrasso was in the academy.

They brought back DeRo, who left the club on much worse terms than Petrasso ever did. That said, I'd say the chances of this happening are slim to none.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Eh... the current TFC management is literally completely different than the one that was in place when Petrasso was in the academy.

They brought back DeRo, who left the club on much worse terms than Petrasso ever did. That said, I'd say the chances of this happening are slim to none.

Even if it's a different management it would still send the message to young academy players that it's okay to leave   with no compensation and we'll just bring you back no worries.  That would be management's fear.

DeRo is a different case, TFC management at the time chose to let him go and received compensation for doing so.. there was a war of words healed by DeRo's status as a TFC hero and MVP play at DCU and of course the hype/feel good story brought by his return.  Petrasso just left the academy with no compensation and if we were to loan him we would once again receive no compensation when he leaves again... it would be a good football move but a bad business move and we know how MLSE operates.

I think TFC should try and  sign Steven Vitória and add some more depth at the center back position, like someone mentioned they are just one injury away from having to start a Haglund or a Zaveletta  two players that have yet to show me they belong on the field as regular starters.

Is this true or a hoax?  If true it's the end of me as a TFC fan.  I haven't spent years watching an underachieving club to see them screw our supporters over like this... I have a lot more to say but I'll hold it until it's confirmed.

I live in the UK now so I can't confirm but I was sent this.  

If it's true I don't need to say much... it's suicide for the club.  The hardcore fans were the only thing this team had in the first 9 years... they've now alienated them and made way for an NASL club.  Hopefully they win the Supporters Shield because if not they are nothing now.

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 2.37.00 AM.png

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Is this true or a hoax?  If true it's the end of me as a TFC fan.  I haven't spent years watching an underachieving club to see them screw our supporters over like this... I have a lot more to say but I'll hold it until it's confirmed.

I live in the UK now so I can't confirm but I was sent this.  

If it's true I don't need to say much... it's suicide for the club.  The hardcore fans were the only thing this team had in the first 9 years... they've now alienated them and made way for an NASL club.  Hopefully they win the Supporters Shield because if not they are nothing now.

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 2.37.00 AM.png

someone is trolling you. 

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Coramoor said:

Gomez has been waived, moving Hamilton and more than likely Babouli up a spot

Good, more cap space freed up to sign a better player.

With Altidore likely out for the opener that means Hamilton will probably be starting!

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Good, more cap space freed up to sign a better player.

With Altidore likely out for the opener that means Hamilton will probably be starting!

Weren't they over the Cap with the new players this year, ie. taking Gomez off the books just makes them cap compliant not with room for new signings?

46 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Weren't they over the Cap with the new players this year, ie. taking Gomez off the books just makes them cap compliant not with room for new signings?

Babouli would be a homegrown in the 20-28 spots so he wouldn't count against the cap anyway

On 21/01/2016 at 1:18 PM, jpg75 said:

Outgoing:

Bendik 157.375K

Konopka 66K

Jackson 192.5K

Kantari 345K

Findley 255.5K

Moore 215K

Gomez 240K

Total: 1.47M

Incoming: (last years salary figures)

Irwin 97K

Beitashour 197.16K

Moor 270.5K

Johnson 334.3K

Total: 899K

That's a net deduction of $570K from the roster based on last years salaries. Roberts, Hamilton and Babouli need to be added (think their salaries would probably rise atleast slightly) but not sure what they'll be paid so didn't add them. There's also the new Targetted Allocation money that hasn't been accounted for though either. I can't figure out how the club would be in cap trouble.

2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

That's a net deduction of $570K from the roster based on last years salaries. Roberts, Hamilton and Babouli need to be added (think their salaries would probably rise atleast slightly) but not sure what they'll be paid so didn't add them. There's also the new Targetted Allocation money that hasn't been accounted for though either. I can't figure out how the club would be in cap trouble.

Thank you... this has been baffling my mind all offseason. There is no way we are in cap trouble, the salary has gone up since last year in addition to all this allocation money they gave teams. I don't know what we are doing shedding both our back up strikers it makes no sense. From the moves we have made we should have over 1.5 million available in salary. Someone needs to confirm how the heck we are in this cap trouble and why we got rid of two very good and very capable backup strikers. Having Endoh starting and our backup strikers of Babouli and Hamilton is not going to win us anything

Archived