2015 Voyageurs' female player of the year

Blackdude

The deadline for submissions is 12:01 AM (EST) January 1st, New Years Day 2016. 

Submissions for IPoY must have a first place, second place, and third place selection.

A point system is used to calculate a players points total at the completion of polling. A player will receive 5 points for a 1st place selection, 3 points for a 2nd place selection, and 1 point for a third place selection.

The player with the highest final aggregate total will be declared the Voyageurs International Player of the Year.

Only one submission per IP address. Additional submissions from the same IP address allowed entirely at the Administrators discretion.

For a player to be eligible for the Voyageurs International Player of the Year the player must have been selected for international duty at the senior level in 2014 and be eligible to play for Canada, in accordance with FIFA laws & statutes, as of December 1st, 2015.

Previous Winners:

2009 Karina LeBlanc
2010 Christine Sinclair
2011 Christine Sinclair
2012 Christine Sinclair
2013 Diana Matheson
2014 Diana Matheson

1. Buchanan - won that award due to her play in the WWC plus she is one of the best defenders in women's football right now.

2. McLeod - without Erin in goal for us we probably do worse than we did at the WWC plus she's consistently touted as one of the best keepers in the NWSL.

3. Schmidt - One of the best midfielders in women's football IMO, she really came into her own in the last 18 months.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna have to go with....

1. Buchanan. God this kid has played so well! Sometimes forget just how young she is. Can't imagine how good she is gonna be in a few years!

2. Schmidt. Soph has had a breakthrough season for the national team. Just unbeleivable!

3. Belanger. Josee played on that back line like a boss! Looked like a natural defender and did well when put back up front. Gotta give John credit for convincing her to come back

On 12/2/2015 at 9:38 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm going to wait until after the U-20s and the Natal games before voting but McLeod and Buchanan will likely be on my list unless something crazy happens in the next few weeks.

Now that the last game of the year has been played, time to vote. That last game really showed one major problem (of several) with the team; now that Leblanc is gone, we have no keeper that is even half as good as McLeod is.

Today McLeod left the pitch and then, we conceded 3 goals to Brazil. If she had been seriously injured during the WWC we would have had some serious problems.

My vote is:

1. Erin McLeod

2. Sophie Schmidt

3. Kadeisha Buchanan

On 2015-12-21 at 7:23 PM, The Ref said:

^ I choose Sabrina D'Angelo as our second goalkeeper after Erin McLeod, but I think Herdman doesn't like her. 

Hope that's not the case, because if McLeod really is hurt and D'Angelo really isn't in the equation, then I'm struggling to think of who our keepers are for Olympic qualifying. Labbe and...?

Archived