Milan Borjan

Vince193

An article says he’ll be making about 40,000 euro/month and his contract has no exit clause. Not sure the ins and outs of this but I assume this good for Milan. I wonder if this is an opportunity for Red Star to try and have one more run through champions league and then potentially sell Milan for a lot of money to a bigger club as he would still have a few years yet on his contract.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After watching Milan in the last two games and through the Champions league I am amazed he does not play in a better league and earn more money. It is nice to win the championship in Serbia but I really think he could be playing in a mid-pack top 5 league. He deserves it! 

5 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

After watching Milan in the last two games and through the Champions league I am amazed he does not play in a better league and earn more money. It is nice to win the championship in Serbia but I really think he could be playing in a mid-pack top 5 league. He deserves it! 

How much does he earn in Serbia? What do you think his market value is? 

Edited by hamiltonfan

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really get how Borjan can make such vital mistakes so often. Why he wouldn't just smash that ball away is beyond me. 

He seems to look good when we play a good team, but then bad when it's an easier game. It's almost like he gets bored, but that makes no sense because his team in Serbia crushes almost every other team. I don't watch any Serbian league games, but I imagine if this happened even seni-regularly he would be replaced in no time.

He's not a leader. That's for sure. 

I said to my friend that hopefully he's concussed because that's the only reasonable way to explain a veteran treating a young player that way. 

Just disgusting.

Hoping to see Busti or Leutwiler when I go see the boys this fall. 

I partly blame the “play out of the back at all costs” mentality we were adopting last night. I get it - you don’t want to give up possession cheaply by punting it. But sometimes circumstances warrant just clearing the god damn ball. 

Not in any way letting Borjan off the hook. That was wrong both in terms of the ply and his berating of Godinho.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

5 hours ago, Califax said:

There was a play in the first half where he backed up almost all the way to his goal line in order to take as much time before blasting it to half. 

Good point ^ Borjan always likes the ball 'deep', he likes it this way in Champions League games with Red star, he likes it this way with the CMNT, he likes it this way with his club in the league. 

On a side note, 

If anyone wants to 'blame Borjan' for that goal , blame miss communication and lack of friendlies on Godinho for the soft kick with the inside of his foot on his half volley that would not have even made it to the goal line.

I can only assume Godinho didn't realize Borjan would be backing up deep and why he hit it back to him so lightly.

Do agree with what others said, Borjan yelling at Godinho to play the ball down to his own feet,with the defender 5 yards away so he could kick it back harder could have been done much much better, not good for a man's psyche.... 10 mins later a simply inexcusable and unncesecary  challenge that gave away a PK.

Edited by apbsmith

16 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Borjan always likes the ball "deep" , just like you said. He likes it this way in Champions League games with Red star, he likes it this way with the CMNT, he likes it this way with his club in the league. 

If you want to "blame Borjan" for that goal , blame miss communication and lack of friendlies on Godinho for the soft kick with the inside of his foot on his half volley that would not have even made it to the goal line.

I can only assume Godinho didn't realize Borjan would be backing up deep and why he hit it back to him so lightly.

Do agree with what others said, Borjan yelling at Godinho to play the ball down to his own feet,with the defender 5 yards away so he could kick it back harder could have been done much much better, not good for a man's psyche.... 10 mins later a simply inexcusable and unncesecary  challenge that gave away a PK.

They both messed up. 

Sorry, you want me to blame Godinho for the lack of friendlies? Like, for not calling himself? I'll blame Godinho for an idiotic tackle and sub par backpass.

Put simply Borjan does not have the luxury of playing the ball the way "likes" in every scenario. Especially with new teammates. Poor back pass, but very manageable. 

Also, please don't quote me when I didn't say what you have in quotes. There is a quote button for this purpose. Thanks 

The back pass was poor and exposed Borjan, and the defender can't do that. So it is mostly Godinho. 

I suspect Borjan feared that going in harder he could have fouled the attacker and then it would have been a penalty. 

For me, Borjan was fine, even berating Godinho could be understood to a point, but you did not get the effect that he was really ordering his back line around like a veteran keeper should be doing with young guys like that. 

Again: why was Godinho left to the dogs by our useless manager?