CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying -Texas Tournament - Feb 10-21st

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/3/2016 at 1:27 PM, tc-in-bc said:
On 1/26/2016 at 10:28 AM, Alberto7 said:

I saw three players on Canada AM this morning talking about being selected. Great to see that.

Brilliant! We have live coverage! it would have been silly not to have any after all of that nice PR stuff (Canada AM included)

300x125_CANvGUY_CBC_EN.jpg

Some bets offered on this game. Game line CAN 1.01 21.00 34.00. over under Asian handicap Can -5.5,-6 $1.65:Guy +5.5,6 $2.25. this sample was taken from bet 365.

I usually wait for the game to start when they have in play betting and the odds hit 5%+ return. Half time/Full time starts at CAN $1.045

So just to be clear...

We are not arranging viewing parties in bars for streams, and we are not arranging viewing parties for a playoff spot we are not in yet.

When we are in the semis, we will post events.   I think it's rather bad form to do so otherwise.

[ 1  ] Actually there's only one Guyanese-born player on their national team and I suspect the rest of them are used to 60 F degrees : 5 Americans and 14 Canadians ( this team is 70% Canadian).

[ 2 ] I'm interested to see if Canada can match the 8 - 0 thrashing that  Canada gave them in the 2010 qualifiers. (Sinclair 4 goals)

17 minutes ago, tc-in-bc said:

[ 1  ] Actually there's only one Guyanese-born player on their national team and I suspect the rest of them are used to 60 F degrees : 5 Americans and 14 Canadians ( this team is 70% Canadian).

[ 2 ] I'm interested to see if Canada can match the 8 - 0 thrashing that  Canada gave them in the 2010 qualifiers. (Sinclair 4 goals)

I doubt we'll get an 8-0 with the amount of Canadian talent they have gotten off us. My guess is a modest 5-1.

40 minutes ago, Trillium said:

60F is chilly for them.

Fahrenheit? You've been spending too long in the US! ;) How was the drive from Ottawa to Houston?

5 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I doubt we'll get an 8-0 with the amount of Canadian talent they have gotten off us. My guess is a modest 5-1.

Fahrenheit? You've been spending too long in the US! ;) How was the drive from Ottawa to Houston?

Nashville rocking, Muscle Shoals FAME recording studios, NOLA for Fat Tuesday, great road trip...5-0 at the half, we are playing 10 v 11, Herdman striker C Sinclair is invisible in the game, this line up will have trouble with T&T.

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Am I missing something?   Sinclair set up one goal, would have had another except for a great save, and has just missed the frame at least 3 times. 

Your missing a lot...missed the frame three times, cannot turn the ball plays negative balls away, set up a goal, she took a corner then touched by two if not three players...( claim the right to watch replay), she is slow, lazy and innefective first 15 of game playing balls to her did nothing, once rest of team took it in hand goals arrived by various players...

Willing to sit with you and break the game down anytime you want...and at 79 minute she steps of injured?

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

No thanks. Something tells me neither one of his would enjoy that. 

I would enjoy it, you need to break the game down, observe, make an analysis, then judge the player or coach or team, if you want to love the Sincy story fine, buts what the media pushes, with little knowledge or experience is not the reality.

1 minute ago, Trillium said:

I would enjoy it, you need to break the game down, observe, make an analysis, then judge the player or coach or team, if you want to love the Sincy story fine, buts what the media pushes, with little knowledge or experience is not the reality.

Thanks for telling me how to understand the game.  I would have been lost without those pearls of wisdom.

Sinclair may not be a worldbeater anymore, but she had a solid contribution in this game.  Certainly not "invisible" as you claimed.  Anyway, thats it for me.

I think Trillium was too busy explaining his superior knowledge of the game to actually watch it. Sinclair was the most dangerous forward on the pitch. Rose and Lawrence got the goals, but except for Rose's second, they were all the result of lucky deflections off the defenders. The fifth goal shouldn't even have been credited to Lawrence. It looked like an own-goal to me. Not knocking the young players. That third goal was pure class on Rose's part. And Lawrence was brilliant all night at putting balls into the box.

46 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Thanks for telling me how to understand the game.  I would have been lost without those pearls of wisdom.

Sinclair may not be a worldbeater anymore, but she had a solid contribution in this game.  Certainly not "invisible" as you claimed.  Anyway, thats it for me.

No she was invisible today, as she was in Germany after Berlin, did I tell you how to understand the game, or did I suggest you watch and break it down,  She as you admit is not a worldbeater, we need world beaters on our National team... 

Or do you think past glories justify future rewards, well deserving players of a new generation are left out of the National team....

It's easy to walk away from a contrary view then you have, "Anyway that's it for me" which in my opinion means you really do not have an argument in support of C. Sinclair's performance against minnows from South America.

Again happy to sit down, run the tapes and tell me C. Sinclair was better then Ashley Lawrence.

2 hours ago, Chet said:

I think Trillium was too busy explaining his superior knowledge of the game to actually watch it. Sinclair was the most dangerous forward on the pitch. Rose and Lawrence got the goals, but except for Rose's second, they were all the result of lucky deflections off the defenders. The fifth goal shouldn't even have been credited to Lawrence. It looked like an own-goal to me. Not knocking the young players. That third goal was pure class on Rose's part. And Lawrence was brilliant all night at putting balls into the box.

I saw the game in the stadium, it gives a differing perspective, re watch the first 15 to 20 minutes, we try to feed C. Sinclair, and it is not effective, can you find when she received the ball, back to the net and turned it to shoot? Instead she played negative balls from the top of the eighteen back to mids and defenders, she put no stamp on the game. She needs to up her game if she can or we will suffer against T&T, Herdman needs to field someone else.

I liked Matheson out on the right and Belanger shows a lot ofpromise.

I liked what I saw of Rose. Nice touch for first goal. Great run off a great pass with a nicely slotted in goal - not a typical goal for a Canadian football team. 

Lawrence looks to be set a better version of Matheson. 

Overall off the ball movement was the most I have ever seen in a Canadian senior team. Crossing was also much more edgy but no goals came out of it.

Karina was a blast and is a perfect complement to the straight man Nigel Reed.

Archived