Kit Supplier Contract

Shway

I've been happy with Umbro as they have embraced the supporters over the duration of the contract. Could a Nike or Adidas do more, most definitely. But I am not convinced that they would care about a team ranked 102 at the moment. 

I remember it was next to impossible to purchase adidas gear back in the day and Umbro changed that and made the gear accessible nationwide.

I've been happy with Umbro as they have embraced the supporters over the duration of the contract. Could a Nike or Adidas do more, most definitely. But I am not convinced that they would care about a team ranked 102 at the moment. 

I remember it was next to impossible to purchase adidas gear back in the day and Umbro changed that and made the gear accessible nationwide.

Ya the variety of stuff they have continually available online has been impressive. They've also made it super easy to order custom jerseys. I also like that they've launched a new jersey almost every year.

Umbro has been great in terms of distribution of the product...but in terms of design of the apparel and jerseys, they've been below okay. From 2011-2014 we had standard catalogue jerseys with no form of customization, expect the obvious CSA logo on it.

EDIT: Correction we've had the sound wave bar of "Oh Canada"

can-home2.1.thumb.png.3674111065a0fcb6eccan-away3.thumb.png.4013c31da15bebf55f18can-away.thumb.png.461ed76baab04417e74cbcan-home.thumb.png.618a783431277380bb464

Umbro has been great in terms of distribution of the product...but in terms of design of the apparel and jerseys, they've been below okay. From 2011-2014 we had standard catalogue jerseys with no form of customization, expect the obvious CSA logo on it.

EDIT: Correction we've had the sound wave bar of "Oh Canada"

can-home2.1.thumb.png.3674111065a0fcb6eccan-away3.thumb.png.4013c31da15bebf55f18can-away.thumb.png.461ed76baab04417e74cbcan-home.thumb.png.618a783431277380bb464

I've stated this before but obviously someone at the CSA, who ever is in charge of choosing the kit, wants something that is understated and simple. So I think it's unfair to fault Umbro for not having unique and adventurous when they're probably following the direction of the CSA.

A certain company mentioned above is an absolute nightmare to deal with.  Having dealt with the McDonald's of sporting goods in the past on the retail end, I'd first be surprised if they'd bother with Canada, and if they did, it would be a huge mistake.  

I wish they would just bring back the centennial kit in white and red. 

That would be brilliant.  I'm sure someone with excellent computer skills would love to slap an image of that together purely for my benefit.

centennial-white.thumb.jpg.0b5145e21e305 centennial-red.thumb.jpg.eeb13ce6ff0d7d8

The thing is these jerseys can be actually made....and for cheap. 

That would be brilliant.  I'm sure someone with excellent computer skills would love to slap an image of that together purely for my benefit.

If you excuse the rush job (and the remaining blue that I didn't bother with), here's an attempt....purely for your benefit.

torontoflagcanada.png

If you excuse the rush job (and the remaining blue that I didn't bother with), here's an attempt....purely for your benefit.

torontoflagcanada.png

Beauty.  I also really like the white shorts with the red shirt and socks.  

Every team in this country is a single colour (national, MLS teams, Ottawa.  At least the Eddies sometimes wear blue with white, I think.  

I'm not a fan of any kits with black in them for Canada, it just doesn't make sense but those red/white Centennial kits.... modern and timeless all in one they would without a doubt be the best national team uniform in our country and maybe the region.

I get your Canadian patriotism to the flag colours, but EVERY Canadian national team uses black in their jerseys and we have done so in our past. I'm all for the home jersey to be red...but the class kits can alternate between black and white every so often.

DSCF6265.jpg44356267_614.jpgcanada-jersey-womens-2012-umbro-%20vancos-l300.jpgCanada-2013-World-Baseball-Classic-Road-!BW)IDugBWk~%24(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmgM5VBKY85team-canada-jerseys.jpg35158030_63191d0b1d.jpg?v=0canada_2006_jersey_black_big.jpg

I just find umbro jerseys sometimes have to much of a classic bland feel,  or lack inspiration. Thats fine for countries with soccer rich history like Ireland and England (before) to name a few. However, I think adding an additional colour like black can add to the design, and also make it feel more modern which helps with merchandise sales which correlates with brand awareness.

Archived