Chants

rob.notenboom

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Despite what people think about the viking clap or whatever it is called now, Bobby was doing that for TFC and Canada games in the supporters section in 2011, and that is not a claim he invented it. 

There is of course something really powerful to simple things the whole stadium can get behind.

Shedding all pretense of ultra anything, and reliance on the supporters groups going forward I think we are really free now to do whatever the hell we want. 

So this should not just be about songs but the following.

1. Coordination of the section.  Capo, trumpet, smart watches.... I don't care think outside the box.

2. Simple stadium crowd animation they can get behind and how we signal them to do A B C....

3. Things that are completely new.  A gong shaped like a canoe, or a large native drum, whatever... we strike when we score a goal and all yell "sorry".  (think it was Gary O who came up with the sorry idea)

So it should be about creating traditions, animating and coordinating ourselves and how to reach beyond to the rest of the stadium.

I love the idea of chanting sorry when we score. It's so Canadian, and it's easyenough the whole stadium can join in. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I love the idea of chanting sorry when we score. It's so Canadian, and it's easyenough the whole stadium can join in. 

I like the idea of a big native drum, but not sure how loud and how it will hold up in weather.  A steel something would be industructable and last for ever.

What could you do with tens of thousands of cell phones?

Download a Voyageurs ring tone, or an app that played someting all at the same time?

It would  be fascinating to hear what it would sound like in the stadium.

Imagine coordinating things through an app.

Oh it's not Ultra you say? I don't give a shit anymore about what is 'proper' supporter wise.  We can chart our own path now. 

13 minutes ago, admin said:

1. Coordination of the section.  Capo, trumpet, smart watches.... I don't care think outside the box.

So it should be about creating traditions, animating and coordinating ourselves and how to reach beyond to the rest of the stadium.

Smart watches would be outstanding. 

Maybe even have a conductor capo up top, relaying to assistant capos down. 

Flash Cards would help between capos. Worth printing just to try.

2 minutes ago, Califax said:

Smart watches would be outstanding. 

Maybe even have a conductor capo up top, relaying to assistant capos down. 

Flash Cards would help between capos. Worth printing just to try.

What about a semaphore type system with two flags?  

Light travels pretty fast...

2 minutes ago, Califax said:

"Uhhh, no honey, not tonight. I have to study the nautical flag alphabet so that I can talk to the other voyageurs two sections over."

*wife rolls over and files for divorce." 

(It's actually a good idea)

You clearly haven't translated that yet....LOL

This is no chant just a fun song (comes from the Liverpool Allez allez allez) if someone brought a guitar to the pub or whatever. 

We’ve conquered all of the Caribbeans we’re never gonna stop 

From Guyana to Dominica we’ve won a fucking lot 

With Phonso and David the future’s looking bright Nous sommes les Rougeeees AND WE come from the North (change the north) 

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ 

“Repeat” 

Or when we score 

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ Nous sommes les rouges Allez 

We scored a fucking Goal 

And we’ll score many more

Archived