Ballou Tabla

shermanator

Has obviously had some injuries this season but just showed that he has the talent to continue playing at this level and hopefully another chance at a better level.  Hopefully he can get some MLS minutes and maintain some good form to finish this season.

I thought he was by far one of Canada's best players during Olympic qualifying regardles of not being able to put any of his chances away.

Was just so nice to see him celebrate with his teammates and clearly enjoy the moment. I'm comparing this to the past, where he would show visual frustration towards teammates.

From the Olympic qualifiers to these highlights it has already looked like he's matured immensely with a clear desire to perform. 

Keep it up, all of Canada is cheering for you. 

Edited by apbsmith

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@dyslexic nam sent him some good Atlantic Canada vibes.

:)

I’m not saying I deserve the assists on the goals or anything.  I just think I played a really major role tonight…

But seriously.   Just caught the game on replay because I was watching my son play volleyball.  Super happy for Ballou.  I (and many others) have been really hoping he would rediscover the spark that people so obviously saw a few years ago.  It is far from job done, but tonight was the perfect way to announce his intention to force himself back into the picture.  Happy as hell for the kid - even though I would have been happy to see the Wanderers come out with the win.  As @Markoaleks said earlier - if it had to be anyone, I am pretty happy it was him (and ZBG with the assist on the first - another guy I am hoping forces his way into the national team discussion).   

I know some Haligonians may not be happy about the outcome, but this was a good night for Canadian footy, and the Wanderers did themselves proud with the way they played.    

Edited by dyslexic nam

2 hours ago, king1010 said:

Call him up! 

Dude can still shoot!

very glad to see him back and scoring goals. will be good for his confidence.

re: call up, we'll see how he does in MLS but watching him score tonight did make me think we could at least use a camp poutine for some of these guys. I hope they do one despite the crazy ocho schedule.

While we definitely have much better options that we did when he committed, if he can translate this to MLS and become a regular started he will be in the mix.  Likely not until the January window at the earliest but lets see what he can do in the remainder of the season. 

Also, great to see him playing again and loving it as youllneverwalkalone said.  I didn't watch the match, but great to see he was also putting in the effort.  My sense is Tabla is a sensitive type and Henry's constant belittling of players likely didn't go down with him.  Nancy seems a much better people manager and he has the side bought into this approach and playing with confidence.  I think this suits Tabla

Good quote from him even players these days know to make such comments

“It wasn’t an easy road back these last six or eight months with this injury so I’m really happy to come back and help the team,” said Tabla. “I just want to keep working to help the team and prove to the staff that I can be of value to the team.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/article-cf-montreal-beats-hfx-wanderers-advance-to-semi-finals/

I think if he can keep up this attitude, there is hope for him yet

37 minutes ago, Floortom said:

He hasn’t had an MLS appearance in one year. I don’t think scoring against a CPL team is going to all of a sudden get him minutes in must win matches for Montreal. Give it a bit of time 

I get that, but in a game where they needed goals, throwing on the guy who just scored 2 (even if against a CPL side) isn’t a terrible idea.  You put him on the bench for a reason, so it did seem like a good chance to give him some sub minutes.  

• 3 weeks later...

So the translated tweet on twitter reads:

Nancy: Ballou was not on the scoresheet by choice. Wanyama has a problem with his knee. If I didn't take Ballou, it's because he doesn't deserve it 

There has to be more to this. Why publicly say the player doesn't deserve to play? Is something getting lost in translation? Seems like something a manager would say when he is done with the player and feels he has no other recourse? Otherwise why not keep it in house? 

Edited by canuckgbp

40 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

So the translated tweet on twitter reads:

Nancy: Ballou was not on the scoresheet by choice. Wanyama has a problem with his knee. If I didn't take Ballou, it's because he doesn't deserve it 

There has to be more to this. Why publicly say the player doesn't deserve to play? Is something getting lost in translation? Seems like something a manager would say when he is done with the player and feels he has no other recourse? Otherwise why not keep it in house? 

On the CF MTL game today they said the coach wasn't happy with Ballou's effort in practice.

28 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

On the CF MTL game today they said the coach wasn't happy with Ballou's effort in practice.

And as much as I have been cheering for him, I think that is the 3rd of 4th manager to express something similar.  Too bad - he had such a great game in the Canadian Championship when he scored 2 after subbing in.  Too bad he can’t get his head in it.  I was really hoping he would turn things around but it increasingly seems like that isn’t going to be the case.