Ballou Tabla

shermanator

35 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Anyone hear anything about Tabla's situation lately?  He is still listed as injured, but a comment above says he was back from injury and training in July. 

Part of me wonders if this injury status is just a bit of a smokescreen for a player who is basically done with the team.  Honestly, I am not sure what would be worse - having an injury serious enough to keep him out of any consideration for this long, or just being consistently not good enough to warrant any sort of inclusion with the team.  I have always held out hope he would make a leap and get back into the picture, but it is basically radio silence on him and has been for a long time.

IIRC he just played his first game back with CF Montreal U23 (?) the past weekend, potentially might be seeing him back on the roster as soon as today. 

Going to need to make some waves though if he has any plans of being a regular, i as well had high hopes on him. Hope he can figure it out 

31 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

IIRC he just played his first game back with CF Montreal U23 (?) the past weekend, potentially might be seeing him back on the roster as soon as today. 

Going to need to make some waves though if he has any plans of being a regular, i as well had high hopes on him. Hope he can figure it out 

Honestly, that is really encouraging.  I was worried he was just fading out of the picture entirely.   

This guys story is not finished, he's just so natural with the ball.  So much vision and talent.  Always finding the right pass forward, he just stands out on the field, even after barely playing in a year.  So happy for him, but it's gonna be a challenge for him to find minutes on this CFM team.  Curious to see what the next steps will be.

That’s the type of work rate we haven’t seen out of Ballou in a long time. Always been rooting for this kid, I really hope this helps him find his stride and in turn, his way back to the National Team. Going to be tough though, our depth on the wings has grown leaps and bounds since he committed 

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

That was a pleasant surprise! Brought back memories of why we got excited by him in the first place. Clinical finish with both feet, terrific all around play and vison. Add to that the emotion and attitude he brought today...I'm not on the call him up train just yet. But if he builds on this, gets regular playing time here in Montreal, performs like today? With all the qualifying games coming up? an option like that off the bench...don't want to eliminate him just yet from the National team. Worth keeping an eye on what happens next!