Ballou Tabla

shermanator

36 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Bojan and Urruti will surely be taken.

Henry making an example of Ballou.

"Riddle me this Ballou; You can't be released, neither can you be played. What are you?

"F****D?"

"No...you are the riddle within the.. ok just go away and train.

It’s weird he was protected unless they move him or sell him because his days with the impact are over.

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Bojan and Urruti will surely be taken.

Henry making an example of Ballou.

"Riddle me this Ballou; You can't be released, neither can you be played. What are you?

"F****D?"

"No...you are the riddle within the.. ok just go away and train.

You can only lose 1 player in the expansion draft.

• 4 months later...

I guess it shouldn't really even be a shock at this point, but he didbt even make the bench for today's game. Thought he looked dangerous at the Olympic qualifying. Thought he would have gotten a bench spot for a late game sub.

I have no idea where hw goes from here career wise. Maybe Scandinavia, but he should be so much better than that. I know not every player attached to Barcelona makes it, but I dont think there are many that drop so quickly.

He could be injured, but I have seen pictures of him training this week, so not likely.

4 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I guess it shouldn't really even be a shock at this point, but he didbt even make the bench for today's game. Thought he looked dangerous at the Olympic qualifying. Thought he would have gotten a bench spot for a late game sub.

I have no idea where hw goes from here career wise. Maybe Scandinavia, but he should be so much better than that. I know not every player attached to Barcelona makes it, but I dont think there are many that drop so quickly.

He could be injured, but I have seen pictures of him training this week, so not likely.

Yeah, he was the guy I was looking for on the bench.  But nothing.  And that is with another new manager - which is a bad sign.  

14 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, he was the guy I was looking for on the bench.  But nothing.  And that is with another new manager - which is a bad sign.  

Wilfried Nancy (the new coach) started working for the Impact in 2011 and was an assistant coach since 2016. He must know really well Ballou already. We will see if he can earn some playing time, I hope so.

15 minutes ago, HochelagaFC said:

Wilfried Nancy (the new coach) started working for the Impact in 2011 and was an assistant coach since 2016. He must know really well Ballou already. We will see if he can earn some playing time, I hope so.

Ah, good point.  I didn’t know the whole back story but that makes sense given some of the comments they made during the game.  So maybe not as much of a fresh start for Tabla as I thought.  

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

They should just loan him out to a CPL team, let him rip it up and get his confidence back. Ottawa would be a great option. 

I agree that it would be good for him but if I heard correctly they already have the maximum number of loans (5) to CPL. A loan in another league is still possible though.

8 minutes ago, An Observer said:

In the Globe report on the match, it seems to suggest he was unavailable

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/article-cf-montreal-puts-on-a-show-defeating-toronto-fc-4-2-in-mls-season/

Not good if he is injured but in some ways it would be better (assuming it wasn’t serious) than confirming that the new manager has no intention of playing him.  

1 hour ago, HochelagaFC said:

I agree that it would be good for him but if I heard correctly they already have the maximum number of loans (5) to CPL. A loan in another league is still possible though.

I believe MLS itself allows a maximum of 5 loaned out players, whereas the CPL allows a maximum of 3 loaned in.

I forget where I saw it but I'm almost sure there was a report that he has a groin injury and isn't 100%.

I think he'll get a chance this year. Nancy and the coaching staff know him well. Nancy and Di Tulio were Biello's assistants back then and Ciman was on the team as well. Tabla even wore the captain's armband for a half during preseason this year. 

27 minutes ago, farrelld said:

I forget where I saw it but I'm almost sure there was a report that he has a groin injury and isn't 100%.

I think he'll get a chance this year. Nancy and the coaching staff know him well. Nancy and Di Tulio were Biello's assistants back then and Ciman was on the team as well. Tabla even wore the captain's armband for a half during preseason this year. 

I think showing Tabla how important he is to the team is how you get the best out of him.

This is a kid who was the star of Quebec youth soccer and even the star of Canadian youth soccer. The kid who showed out against Roma in his first game and made top 5 in MLS 22 under 22 in his rookie season. This is the kid Zambrano earmarked as a must have for the program and the kid who was neck-and-neck with Davies for Canada's top prospect. The kid even earned a move to Barcelona B and trained with Messi.

Even if he only deserves to be treated as a young fringe player for Montreal, because he hasn't earned more than that, I don't think you bring the best out of him. Rightly or wrongly, I think you need to go out of your way to make Tabla feel special.

If they can feed his ego and build up his confidence, they can salvage the talent within this kid. 

That's my hope, anyways.

Hard to believe he was rated as high as Davies in some circles 4-5 years ago.  Goes to show you, a kid that had his head on straight vs a kid that needs to have his "ego fed".  He is 22 now, he still has time, hopefully he takes responsibility for his own path and puts in the work needed to be a pro and not just a cautionary tale.   Shit or get off the pot is what my grampa used to say.  

35 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Hard to believe he was rated as high as Davies in some circles 4-5 years ago.  Goes to show you, a kid that had his head on straight vs a kid that needs to have his "ego fed".  He is 22 now, he still has time, hopefully he takes responsibility for his own path and puts in the work needed to be a pro and not just a cautionary tale.   Shit or get off the pot is what my grampa used to say.  

He's edging more and more into Boakai land.

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I think he needs to get out of Montreal. He looked good in Olympic qualifiers and there are a number of teams he could shine at in MLS. 

Really? I didn't think he looked good at all. Missed some real sitters too. I really don't think he'll be reaching his true potential. His ego is in the way and he still has a lot of improving to do. Feels like a lost cause for me.