Ballou Tabla

shermanator

1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Another update: highlight package from practice. This is the Ballou we all want to see come game time!!

I see his diving ability was not impacted by the lay off.

Definitely has the talent...lets hope he gets it back on track and the lay off has lit a fire under him to show what he can do

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

I see his diving ability was not impacted by the lay off.

Definitely has the talent...lets hope he gets it back on track and the lay off has lit a fire under him to show what he can do

You say that like it's a bad thing. Wait until we're protecting a 1-nil lead in Honduras and Ballou runs on as a 75th-minute substitute...

The wild thing about Tabla is he makes the hard part of the game look so ridiculously easy.  Perfect example of a natural talent, he just sees things moving in a way that most others don't. 

That being said,  he just needs to find a way to put in the work on the defensive side of the ball.

I know I may be getting ahead of myself here, because his first job is to become a regular player with Montreal, but ultimately I want to see him become more lethal in front of goal. He is a great dribbler and very talented in one-v-one situations, but I find his finishing to be lacking. With better finishing and consistent game time he'll become a great player.

Edited by Obinna

39 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I still hope Tabla can reach his potential, but I am not holding my breath. Even posting a video like that  honestly I find a bit questionable. Just put your head down and do the work, don't be posting highlight videos from training with pop music soundtracks 😄

I have questioned his maturity/attitude/character from the beginning.

The first red flag was the failure to show up to team practice when the Barca B deal was being pushed through. I have followed him on social media since then and the ego-centric posts from him are par the course. Other posters ran to his defense when I pointed this out, arguing that I shouldn't make those conclusions about him without knowing him personally, or giving the excuse that he's just young and he'll grow out of it (and that he's actually a shy boy, which may be true). Years later I am not surprised this behavior has not changed.

My hope for him is that he finds success despite his maturity/attitude/character/whatever you wanna call it. I don't have much hope he'll grow out of it though. Of course I don't know him personally, but the little I see hints at a self-entitled personality (at least as far as football goes). I think he thinks he deserves to be further ahead than he is, just based on his talent alone. 

To my point, Cyle Larin was struggling with Besiktas and I started to notice more clips and videos on his IG story of him putting in real work off the ball. Real work in the gym everyday. Now maybe he was always doing that, because I never followed him when he was at Orlando, but we all have noticed how trim and fit Larin became once he got settled away in Turkey. 

Now contrast that with the video of Tabla, which as I said is very par the course for him. It's just a different mindset.

I don't mean to be overly critical. I am a big fan of his game. I just really hope it clicks for him that talent alone is not enough. 

Edited by Obinna

12 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I have questioned his maturity/attitude/character from the beginning.

The first red flag was the failure to show up to team practice when the Barca B deal was being pushed through. I have followed him on social media since then and the ego-centric posts from him are par the course. Other posters ran to his defense when I pointed this out, arguing that I shouldn't make those conclusions about him without knowing him personally, or giving the excuse that he's just young and he'll grow out of it (and that he's actually a shy boy, which may be true). Years later I am not surprised this behavior has not changed.

My hope for him is that he finds success despite his maturity/attitude/character/whatever you wanna call it. I don't have much hope he'll grow out of it though. Of course I don't know him personally, but the little I see hints at a self-entitled personality (at least as far as football goes). I think he thinks he deserves to be further ahead than he is, just based on his talent alone. 

To my point, Cyle Larin was struggling with Besiktas and I started to notice more clips and videos on his IG story of him putting in real work off the ball. Real work in the gym everyday. Now maybe he was always doing that, because I never followed him when he was at Orlando, but we all have noticed how trim and fit Larin became once he got settled away in Turkey. 

Now contrast that with the video of Tabla, which as I said is very par the course for him. It's just a different mindset.

I don't mean to be overly critical. I am a big fan of his game. I just really hope it clicks for him that talent alone is not enough. 

It is kind of worrying that he went to Barca and it looks like he is the exact same player he was before he left. No noticeable improvement at all in his game.

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I still hope Tabla can reach his potential, but I am not holding my breath. Even posting a video like that  honestly I find a bit questionable. Just put your head down and do the work, don't be posting highlight videos from training with pop music soundtracks 😄

I see what you're saying, and I kinda agree.  However that's just how things are done these days.  Players and agents don't send CD's to prospects anymore.  Social media is now the standard, and there are few that don't take advantage of the free marketing it provides.  Need to remember that they are also brands and there are big bucks to be made with that as well.  Just look at Stephen Eustaquio's instagram, he just has a little more money to invest in professional editing for his videos and soundtracks.  Its the best and quickest way for agents and teams to see if a player is recovered from injury, still playing, etc.... 

Pogba is a great example, he was showing up at Juve and ManU with a different color and style of hair every weekend, then he showed up at the World Cup with a plain, simple and perfect fro.  You knew his intentions were clear and he meant business.  He clearly stated his focus was on playing with no time for outside influence.  4 weeks later he and France were winners.  

3 hours ago, costarg said:

I see what you're saying, and I kinda agree.  However that's just how things are done these days.  Players and agents don't send CD's to prospects anymore.  Social media is now the standard, and there are few that don't take advantage of the free marketing it provides. 

This isn't Tabla marketing himself to other clubs, this is very much something else...

I mean, the footage is from training. Not even a game. He needs to put his head down and force his way into the team so he can actually play, not marvel at his practice play. Besides, prospective clubs care about how you play, not how you train. Furthermore, why is he so focused on promoting himself to a new club when he hasn't even accomplished anything for Montreal yet? 

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, LeoH037 said:

fingers crossed he can pull a Kaye and get his act together, even if he doesn't end up becoming as good as he could have been due to all the time wasted. He is still only 21 and has talent to spare.

He had such an early start that he is not behind his peers in terms of professional experience. He has still played nearly 90 pro games despite all the time missed due to injury, being out of form, etc. If he doesn`t start playing more from here on out he will start falling behind however.