Ballou Tabla

shermanator

For those who don’t follow the Impact see how Thierry Henry was asked during spring training to give one word to describe each player. Ballou at 9:15

the first time I saw this I didn’t get a good feeling.

https://www.tvasports.ca/2020/01/21/thierry-henry-decrit-les-joueurs-de-limpact-en-un-mot

12E983BA-4FAF-4212-8D2C-4C9139C02611.jpeg

6ED52711-EA84-4F4E-9CFB-5CADEA691254.jpeg 

“Enigma”

Edited by Moldy9

7 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

For those who don’t follow the Impact see how Thierry Henry was asked during spring training to give one word to describe each player. Ballou at 9:15

the first time I saw this I didn’t get a good feeling.

https://www.tvasports.ca/2020/01/21/thierry-henry-decrit-les-joueurs-de-limpact-en-un-mot

12E983BA-4FAF-4212-8D2C-4C9139C02611.jpeg

6ED52711-EA84-4F4E-9CFB-5CADEA691254.jpeg 

“Enigma”

I think Henry is right on. He's a player that is still trying to figure out what he wants to be. 

He had some really nice touches and surprised me with his acceleration. Great move to set up AJH who should have scored.  Never going to be an energy guy racing up and down the wing but he is getting minutes and hopefully can get back to where he should be. Quioto had a horrendous game and Tabla was a significant upgrade  yesterday

Agree that Tabla was better this time around. Seemed to dig a little deeper in the effort department. Quioto was very poor but I don't think Tabla is close to overtaking him yet because it is too early. He'll need to keep earning opportunities and make the most of them. Okwonkwo was the best player when he came on though.

Him and Lappi seem to be the top wingers on this team currently, but Quioto and Tabla have the potential to be just as good. All four are pretty close talent wise, but whoever is most consistent will get the minutes.

6 hours ago, Kadenge said:

He had some really nice touches and surprised me with his acceleration. Great move to set up AJH who should have scored.

Nothing he did surprised me, specially since we all know he has the talent and ability to be a game changer if he gets back on track. He needs to gradually build his confidence back up and become more consistent. And yup, AJH should have scored, Tabla served the ball for him on a platter.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not in the lineup tonight for Montreal against Vancouver. According to RDS he's still injured and won't be available until September.

I was hoping he could establish himself as a regular in the MLS restart. We could use him in the initial rounds of qualifying if the Euro players are not available.

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Any update on his injury?  Sounds like he isn’t in the mix for the TFC game in Tuesday.   I was really hoping to see him get some time in this Canadian mini tournament but that is looking less likely.

I think he is still a ways out. Isn't he not expected to return until September? 

I hope he can come back and do well, maybe use his individual talent to stand out and get noticed by a European club. 

Lille would be a good fit for someone like Tabla, who likes to get on the ball and dribble opponents.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

As per his Instagram, he’s back. Really rooting for this kid to get back on track, he has undeniable talent and would be a huge addition to our right side even if he was to just be a regular MLS starter. 

Finally the thread bump I have been waiting for.   Great news.   Hope he can get back into the lineup soon.  

25 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

As per his Instagram, he’s back. Really rooting for this kid to get back on track, he has undeniable talent and would be a huge addition to our winger selection even if he was to just be a regular MLS starter. 

With Okwonkwo out injured and Lappalainen away on international duty he'll hopefully be getting some minutes