Ballou Tabla

shermanator

58 minutes ago, Kent said:

Unfortunately Google translate doesn't have a "young to old" translator. Can someone help me understand what this means?

He was just quoting a recently deceased rapper. As @Floortom mentioned, it was the same quote recently posted by the disgraced football player Antonio Brown. What was Ballou trying to accomplish by posting that? It's up for interpretation, but he's since taken it down. All we can do is hope he can get back on the right path.

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Was it this quote:

"Sometimes people try to destroy you precisely because they recognize your power; Not because they don't see it, but because they see it and they don't want it to exist."

If that was it, it certainly doesn’t suggest a newfound humility. 

Yep, that's the quote. 😕

I hate to say it as it seems like he has a big attitude problem.  That doesn't usually change overnight and likely gets worse as the more things don't go his way, the more such people get engrained in the view that the world is against them.  I hope i am wrong but these things don't usually work out (if ever) until someone matures well into their 30s or 40s.  

Its a real shame as I always rated him as a probably our best young footballer ever when I saw him at the U17 level.  He just seemed to have that look about him while playing that you only ever saw in the better players from the top nations.  I always thought he looked better than Davies at that age as Davies primarily relied on his speed and dribbling ability (which was impressive); whereas Tabla just had the feel of a quality footballer by doing all the little things right.

Show up to practice ON TIME, don't skip practice (people lose their job if they are late in the real world), put your head down, DO WORK and perform on the field. Also stop smacking your hands on your thighs and/or waist when you get upset during a game cause teamates don't pass to you... It's awful for team moral and chemistry, no coach will want you on the field.

He's blessed with talent, don't know the entire story but I hope he figures it out. 

If he even blames selecting Canada 5% for the reason of his recent decline, he needs better mentors, agents and attitude. 

Again, hope he figures it out, window will close faster then he thinks, fact of pro footy life.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Does anyone have any updates on Ballou? Haven’t heard a thing about him since he left Montreal.. he’s been posting modeling pictures up on Instagram. Crazy what a year of underperforming can do 

reminds me of Eugenie Bouchard

1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Does anyone have any updates on Ballou? Haven’t heard a thing about him since he left Montreal.. he’s been posting modeling pictures up on Instagram. Crazy what a year of underperforming can do 

I wasn’t going to bring that up, but it seems like an odd thing to be focused on under the circumstances.  I guess it doesn’t take too long to do a few photo shoots, but maybe some pics of him training hard...?

36 minutes ago, canta15 said:

reminds me of Eugenie Bouchard

I certainly hope not.  Man after all the hand wringing about him potentially playing for the Ivory Coast, what a fall from grace if he doesn’t apply himself and make a career of it at some level. It really is surprising that he has fallen off the radar so quickly and there isn’t any concern when he is left off our roster.

• 4 weeks later...