shermanator

Ballou Tabla

12 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Not trump but... John Herdman or Trudeau (but that’s inevitable)? 😉

I could see John Herdman running for PM. If we make it to the world cup, just give him citizenship! People have gotten citizenship for less!

We need Shawn Michaels to help him find his smile.

I felt bad for him. He never seemed in the game and is so devoid of confidence. He mainly ambled around and it looked liked his team simply wouldnt pass to him at times. 

Hoping Wilmer can raise his spirits and he also picks himself out of the slump as there is only so much anyone but Ballou can do to change his mentality. 

#prayforballou 

Going to Barca may have opened his eyes to the world's best, and has surely raised his game in some areas, but that directness has gone missing and it is a shame.

At the same time, he is the same age as Bayhia and Choiniere and is clearly more polished than both, if not more talented. I am sure he'll figure it out.

We need to be realistic as well. Not every players trajectory will be straight up. There will be set backs. Ballou was not going to come in and rip MLS to shreds just because he is coming over from the Barcelona system. The league has improved even in the short time he's been away.

Like I said before, if he can grab a couple of goals and assists during this loan, that has to be considered a success. 2 goals, 1 assist; 1 goal, 3 assists, something like this...but if anyone is expecting him to score 4 or 5 goals and a half-dozen assists, that's not going to happen. The Impact only have 9 guaranteed games left (inc. V cup).

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

For now I'd want him at the U23 level.

It may not be a bad idea to task him with being the leader of the U23 side. Give him the responsibility of being the man to qualify us for the Olympics. That may be a challenge that resonates with him. Hasn't it been said that he thrives on being the main man, the important player in the team?

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

For now I'd want him at the U23 level.

Of course he should.  He hasnt shown anything to deserve consistent senior team call ups.  Johnson, Akendele, Tiebert, Wotherspoon etc get skipped over.  He is capped and thats great but he needs to start showing it on the field.  Play well this last bit of the MLS season. Go to the U-23 and dominate.  Turn it up a notch like Davies, David and Kaye have been doing and Herdman will get you on the field soon enough.  

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Any updates on Tabla.  I don't really watch MLS these days (allocated soccer time goes to CPL) and am curious if he is doing anything that would suggest progress. 

Not much. he didn't start this weekend, but I assume it's because they plan to start him on Wednesday. I was surprised he started the first match under Cabrera, but since then, he's the first option off the bench.

1 minute ago, Blackdude said:

Not much. he didn't start this weekend, but I assume it's because they plan to start him on Wednesday. I was surprised he started the first match under Cabrera, but since then, he's the first option off the bench.

I just checked out the Impact thread in the MLS section and it sounds like they have been in a bit of a rut (some comments make it seem like a dumpster fire but their results haven't been completely terrible).

I hope you are right that he plays on Wednesday.  Would be nice to watch him play a full game to see where he is at in relation to the MLS average.  

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I just checked out the Impact thread in the MLS section and it sounds like they have been in a bit of a rut (some comments make it seem like a dumpster fire but their results haven't been completely terrible).

I hope you are right that he plays on Wednesday.  Would be nice to watch him play a full game to see where he is at in relation to the MLS average.  

To be honest, I had forgotten he went back to Montreal. Now all of a sudden I'm hoping for a 6-3 win for TFC with Tabla getting a hat trick.

Talking about guys playing the wing and coming up through the Barça ranks. Ansu Fati, a goal and an assist in 7 minutes last weekend.

I think it is a bit a question of luck and being in the right place at the right time. But also mentality. Fati has come in from the academy to play for Barça now, on the left wing being a right footer. He three years younger than Ballou:

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/videos/1345656/goal-ansu-fati-vs-valencia-1-0

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

He should going to the U23s he can get his game back on track.

Geesh, dont say that.  When it was suggested a run out with CMNT and a goal would help get Larin on track everyone was offended.  Personally i agree that some u-23 success might build up his confidence.  

I wonder what will happen after his Impact loan. Back to Barca B? I think at some point Tabla is going to have to leave Barcelona if he wants first team football.

Victor Vazquez left the club and made his name with Club Brugges. Maybe Ballou can follow a similar trajectory?

20 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I wonder what will happen after his Impact loan. Back to Barca B? I think at some point Tabla is going to have to leave Barcelona if he wants first team football.

Victor Vazquez left the club and made his name with Club Brugges. Maybe Ballou can follow a similar trajectory?

What is happening this year with the youth at Barça really demonstrates that you have to take your chances and move quickly. You get chances, they care for you and you train (Ballou went on the US tour and played 2018  summer, he trained with the first team), but you cannot stagnate. Especially if you are coming in from the outside, as your window is more limited and you do not have a relationship with the team. 

Ok, he had bad luck with the loan to Albacete, he did not play so it was a lost 4 months.

This year, of his last year's teammates: Oriol Busquets is on loan at Twente, where he is playing; Miranda, another 2000, is on loan at Schalke 04. Both were first elevated to first team status before the loans out. Carles Pérez is playing for the first team while Messi, Suárez and Dembele get over injuries. About 8-9 others of Ballou's age are being allowed to continue with the B team, some have even gotten contract extensions, so they are being patient with them. 

Have to say, some of Ballou's peers are on worse loan deals, like McGuane the English-Irish player, is on loan to a team in Dutch 2nd tier, or Mújica, who is with Leeds u23. And so with another half dozen, loaned to worse set-ups.

Then you have Ansu Fati, who is 16 and has never played with the B, but he has taken his chances and is with the first team, he may play tonight vs. Dortmund even. 

Conclusion: I have no frigging idea what they'll do with him in January, though I imagine he might play a bit that month to show him off, and they'll set up another loan for later in the transfer window.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What is happening this year with the youth at Barça really demonstrates that you have to take your chances and move quickly. You get chances, they care for you and you train (Ballou went on the US tour and played 2018  summer, he trained with the first team), but you cannot stagnate. Especially if you are coming in from the outside, as your window is more limited and you do not have a relationship with the team. 

Ok, he had bad luck with the loan to Albacete, he did not play so it was a lost 4 months.

This year, of his last year's teammates: Oriol Busquets is on loan at Twente, where he is playing; Miranda, another 2000, is on loan at Schalke 04. Both were first elevated to first team status before the loans out. Carles Pérez is playing for the first team while Messi, Suárez and Dembele get over injuries. About 8-9 others of Ballou's age are being allowed to continue with the B team, some have even gotten contract extensions, so they are being patient with them. 

Have to say, some of Ballou's peers are on worse loan deals, like McGuane the English-Irish player, is on loan to a team in Dutch 2nd tier, or Mújica, who is with Leeds u23. And so with another half dozen, loaned to worse set-ups.

Then you have Ansu Fati, who is 16 and has never played with the B, but he has taken his chances and is with the first team, he may play tonight vs. Dortmund even. 

Conclusion: I have no frigging idea what they'll do with him in January, though I imagine he might play a bit that month to show him off, and they'll set up another loan for later in the transfer window.

Belgium along side David & Larin sounds just about perfect.

56 minutes ago, costarg said:

Belgium along side David & Larin sounds just about perfect.

David and Tabla are different players, of course, but you'd think Gent would he keeping tabs on someone like Ballou. 

David is having a lot of success. He basically fell in their lap. Wouldn't they be looking for more bargins in Canada? 

Then again, Ballou is part of Barca. I don't think a club like Gent is going to look there for bargins. The CPL on the other hand...

Tabla also needs to show something to entice any potential suitor, which he hasn't been doing.