shermanator

Ballou Tabla

Posted (edited)

I think in the big scheme of things the loan move  to MTL was the right idea, I am really hoping it works out for him. My opinion only obviously but I am assuming the plan was something like this:

1) Go home to Montreal, hit a mini reset button, get some game minutes in. (Hopefully first game was simply some cobwebs that needed to be dusted off).

2) Establish himself back into CMNT fold through fall windows. Being North American based is massive, simple reality based on costs, our budget, and especially with the $ needed for friendlies. * Good chance we see a few extra North Amerian based player roster spots #17-23*, that could be more costs related then true #17-#23.

3) Take a full 4-6 regeneration through nov-dec, xmas time with family and friends. Still workout obviously but this man has had an interesting, busy, exciting, life adjustments last 12+ months, down time and recharge is key both mentally and physically sometimes.

4) Set something up for a January transfer, Barca will want him playing somewhere through the winter I would assume? 

Really hoping it comes together for the kid, no denying the potential and ceiling is there. 

Edited by apbsmith

22 hours ago, Ansem said:

yeah...

Montreal was ahead 3-1 against Dallas. Ballou Tabla is sub in at the 71st minute. Then Montreal gave up 2 goals in the last 5 minutes.

The coach singled out Tabla saying that " didn't look ready to give more for the team"

Ouch

So the coach has no responsibility in putting on a finesse attacker to defend a two goal lead? Or was he just trying to give him a runout?

My watching him at Barcelona B, he learnt to defend rigorously and always track back, so much so that it affected his attacking play, he was even top of the box on corners against. But because he trained to do this.

So I am not sure if he was properly assigned his task. Just saying, as I think that if you want a player, and train with a player, and have any idea who that player is, you use him accordingly.

Having watched the game I find Garde’s comments really unfair. While he wasn’t amazing by any means, you can’t blame him for the goals scored. One of them was a penalty (that he didn’t concede himself) and the other was on a corner.

I would have to rewatch the game to analyse his defensive work but the Impact’s problems are bigger than Tabla.

I rewatched the second half focusing on Ballou. The one thing I saw is that he was often positioned centrally instead of  wide right (I assume that's where Garde wanted him to play), I know at least once he had striker Urruti who covered for him while he was tracking back slowly. 

20 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Lack of effort? Fitness issue?

I'm not sure. However, I think Garde expected more from him playing as a sub. You'd expect him to track back faster since he only has 20 minutes or so. 

Wild speculation and complete 2+2=7 but wouldn't surprise me if Garde wasn't really interested in having him and it was more a favour to get Ballou back on track between the clubs. Either way I really hope people can rally around him and he picks himself back up otherwise he could be checking his phone contacts searching for Boakai to room with. 

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Wild speculation and complete 2+2=7 but wouldn't surprise me if Garde wasn't really interested in having him and it was more a favour to get Ballou back on track between the clubs. Either way I really hope people can rally around him and he picks himself back up otherwise he could be checking his phone contacts searching for Boakai to room with. 

I think Jamie Peters is already rooming with Boakai.  

6 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

My patience is thinning with Garde. It doesn't seem like the players want to play for him, and he's completely alienated at least a few. 

You're not alone. He just got fired!

11 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Not trump but... John Herdman or Trudeau (but that’s inevitable)? 😉

Or Andrew Scheer. Especially Andrew Scheer.

Does this jinx work proactively?