Ballou Tabla

shermanator

This may be what Tabla needs.

Although it looks like he'll never play with the first team, he's racked up 3 goals and 30 games for arguably the best B team in the world. He's notched 2 goals in 21 games in MLS.

At the age of 20, those numbers alone still make him an upper echelon prospect as far as concacaf players go. 

I am hoping this will be 1 step back, two steps forward for Tabla. I still think he's got incredible potential.

Edited by Obinna

7 minutes ago, Ansem said:

According to him, Barcelona just erased their tweet about Ballou.

MLS gimmicky rules strikes again...

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Wow Impact signed Kirkic and Tabla on loan and I have tickets to see them play Cavalry next week 😎

Ah crap. I spoke too soon!

17 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

I cant see someone not claiming him on the allocation list. 

I suspect Barca B won't loan him to any other club in MLS.

Not that they'd need an international slot, because Tabla is a hgp, but because the player would very unlikely want to go play at Chicago fire, for example.

The fire are next on the list. Colorado just traded they spot to DC, who just bought Ola Kamara from Shenzen with it.

2 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

It’s crummy that the Chicago Fire basically extorted Ariza from Montreal.  But MLS gonna MLS!

It is, but clearly the Impact values Ballou more over him, and rightfully so. Ballou can break into the Impact's starting 11, and he will be playing along Guillard whom he is close friends with. Remi Garde is also a good coach and knows how to spot and bring out young talent. This is what Ballou needs right now, he needs playing time in order to get his confidence and swagger back. He is still extremely young and has tons of potential.

3 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

Taking a step back, this could prove as an excellent strategy to ground Ballou in some of the best football environments and realities. 

Lets see how he does in the MLS this round. The platform is his....vamos 

I don't even know if this is a step back, it's not like he has established himself as a key player at any point with BarcaB. Agree it could be exactly what he needs tho.

Can’t believe that trade.  There is so much back room stuff they try to pass off as legitimate it’s hilarious.  Azira alone is probably not worth that swap, but MLS obviously waved a carrot in front of Chicago’s face.  Why not just let it go? Ffs why does a player on loan for 3 months need to be allocated? 

Great move for Tabla and Impact though.  This will in all likelihood get him back in the fall cmnt picture, so long as he features regularly.  I hope commentators on tsn milk the hell out of “Young Canadian on loan from Barcelona” in commentary. 

16 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Great move for Tabla and Impact though.  This will in all likelihood get him back in the fall cmnt picture, so long as he features regularly.

I hope he features regularly, but the Impact have 5 other wingers: Piatti, Okwonkwo, Browne, Bayiha, and Lappalainen. Choinière has also played fairly often as a winger.

21 hours ago, Addona said:

It may be "awkward", but given where he was *right now*, it's a GREAT move for him ... if he can show that he's capable of scoring in MLS, then's he's right back in the CMNT mix, in my opinion.

This, it's a good move.

Wow, Bojan and Tabla....Impact really looking to go after the MLS Championship this year.

Edited by Macksam