Ballou Tabla

shermanator

DyfCXeUWsAAzZ4A.jpg

Training with the team this morning. In Albacete it's below zero at 9 am and by the afternoon over 15 these days. 

The sporting director, Mauro Pérez, said in the press conference today that they'd been following him since MLS, that he's quick, takes on defenders, and they like how he moves on the pitch, full quote below from this article. What I find interesting is that he likes how he tracks back to defend, as that is precisely the sort of thing he's worked on for Barça B, the tactical positioning without the ball:

https://www.albacetebalompie.es/noticia/mauro-perez-en-cordoba-se-demostro-que-lo-mas-importante-es-el-escudo-del-alba

BALLOU

Pérez showed his confidence in the latest signing, the Canadian international Ballou Tabla, who he knows well. "I have been following Ballou since two summers ago, when he had his debut in MLS.  Barça ended up signing him. We had him on our list and he fits in perfectly with what we were looking for. His qualities and conditions are right. He's quick, can get by defenders, and goes back and forth. Sometimes it is not so easy to find a player with these characteristics, who also knows how to defend, and he does." 

Presentation today in a BMW motorcycle dealership in downtown Albacete. You figure it out, they did this with four new players today, and check out the pic in this article: I wonder if he even has a driver's licence.

https://www.albacetebalompie.es/noticia/ballou-no-dude-el-alba-es-el-equipo-en-el-que-mejor-puedo-expresar-mi-futbol

Dyp3-UzWkAA5muf.jpg:large

On 1/31/2019 at 11:19 PM, admin said:

I am now more interested in following this than well... anything else happening right now. 

Can these games be found via streaming anywhere?

Not sure if this has been mentioned but these matches are shown on YouTube. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCs3Gqvp1tO-nK-XNzFlopsg

On 2/8/2019 at 8:03 PM, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but these matches are shown on YouTube. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCs3Gqvp1tO-nK-XNzFlopsg

They are not available in Canada, check the list of countries under this video.

I am surprised by how many people don't know how to find streams. You have to be persistent, for sure, but since all the Liga 123 (sponsor name) is live in full on Movistar+, there will be streams available for every game.

Like on http://xn--firstrowspors-7vc.eu/

Links like this already have the Albacete game listed: http://www.futbolarg.com/

Just be ready to try various links, close windows, wait for options, get a Russian bride and be convinced you are not betting nearly enough.

44 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

Starting today's match on the bench it looks like. I think it's really cool he got number 9. Either numbers don't mean a whole lot for this club or they believe in him 

Thanks for the reminder, I must have seen 16h and thought 6 pm. I'll only tune in if he comes on. 

The other Canadian angle here is that Steve Nash is part owner of Mallorca.

He has not been called up for Albacete's away match at Zaragoza this afternoon. Not a good sign, he is not injured.

He may find he has to train harder and show more than he did at Barça B, where the mentality was focused on development. 

That said, often when Barça loans out a player, there is a clause that requires him to play a minimum amount of minutes, and otherwise the new club has to pay a financial penalty for not using him. 

1 hour ago, Chad_Impact said:

Not in the 18

I saw that too. And I was actually thinking of going to that game. 

One thing that gets me about Alba, is that they do not seem to have the ambition to promote. They are sort of coasting, they are near top of the league, but seem like they don't really ask for more. The last match he subbed on late, too late to help get a point. Other matches they have not used all subs when trailing. And the last month their scoring is very poor: so why not put him into the attack as a real option, even subbing in? 

They don't believe in him, so why did they get him on loan?

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

One thing that gets me about Alba, is that they do not seem to have the ambition to promote. They are sort of coasting, they are near top of the league, but seem like they don't really ask for more. The last match he subbed on late, too late to help get a point. Other matches they have not used all subs when trailing. And the last month their scoring is very poor: so why not put him into the attack as a real option, even subbing in? 

Yeah it's really strange, no urgency at all 

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sure, they like to loose...?

They loaned him based on his potential, but he still has to show it in training. Besides, you don't know if his competitors may have stepped up their game. 

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

Sure, they like to loose...?

They loaned him based on his potential, but he still has to show it in training. Besides, you don't know if his competitors may have stepped up their game. 

You mean "lose" I guess.

@shamrock it is fine to be ironic and speculate, but I actually do watch them. I also read their press. As last year they barely held on in 2nd, they went into this year thinking of having a season where they were not going to struggle to stay up. All but about 3 teams have been in La Liga before, and there are at least a dozen with bigger stadiums, more budget, more pressure to get back into top flight asap. Albacete does not have the urgency and, as I have said, does not seem to have been overly excited when they went top a few weeks ago, nor overly concerned by poor-ish results these last 3 weeks. 

The drive is not there. Nor do I think do they feel they are ready in terms of club structure, finances, and so on. Otherwise, they would never have let go 4-5 key players at the winter window, including the captain and top player who they had not lost a single game with don't think: Erice, who went to Caps.  You don't sell your best players if you are in a promotion spot and really want to promote. 

What I said about them not using all their subs when losing, and having attacking players on the bench--more of the same. 

Well the fact that you don't understand a decision, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. I'm very confident that the gaffer can tell you exactly why he waited so long with subs (or whatever). You can still disagree, but he will have had his reasons. And I'm sure it's not: we'll just let this one go. 

As far as the club goes, I'll have to take your word for it as I really have no idea. But every coach wants to win every game.