Ballou Tabla

shermanator

Realistically you will not likely be seeing Ballou Tabla anytime soon with all their attacking options.  Aside from the odd starter being rested, you will not likely see any Barcelona B player in the quarters, semis or final of the Copa Del rey this year.  Hopefully he gets a taste of Copa Del Rey next fall in the early stages.

If we hope to see him play for the senior squad this year at all it will likely only come if Barcelona has either won or lost the league with a few games in hand.

Here's hoping they win the league with 3 or 4 games to spare!

14 minutes ago, Corazon said:

If we hope to see him play for the senior squad this year at all it will likely only come if Barcelona has either won or lost the league with a few games in hand.

Here's hoping they win the league with 3 or 4 games to spare!

I think you are right, though I also think that if Barça B are in a fight to get into the promotion playoff that won't help his first team chances either. They are a few points out of the top four who go into the promotion rounds, which is a playoff from 2B to 2A.

I'm trying to be optimistic but I realise it is a tough one.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

26 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

So what are we feeling his future is at Barca? His numbers for B seem pretty low, 3 goals in 30 league appearances. And from the talk here he's not really close to the first team outside the occasional training session.

Just go back a few pages and read through, I think they views are fairly balanced. 

Have to remember, in any case, that Barça B is low scoring this season, in general they are hard to come by.

7 hours ago, Kent said:

I don’t follow Barca, but wouldn’t a low scoring B team just mean they aren’t likely to promote from within to fill offensive positions with this group?

Possibly, I think you may be right. In any case, if you look at Barça's history over the last 30 years, what top class strikers have come through the academy or even attacking mids? Pedro, Bojan? We've produced a few outside attackers though, like Tello. But nowhere near the level of mids, backs both CB and outside, and keepers.  In this respect, Madrid is much better developing attackers.

Barça B has 24 goals in 21 games. Last season, in a much harder 2nd division, they had 46 goals in 42 games. 

He trained with the first team yesterday.  Barça B plays today at home and the first team tomorrow an hour up the road in Girona.

In the video when you scroll down, he is on the blue team in the scrimmage, at 0:58 Ballou has a little passing combination with Messi.

https://www.fcbarcelona.cat/ca/futbol/primer-equip/noticies/982593/amb-el-girona-a-lhoritzo

He is called into the B team line-up for today and not for the first team tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, Kent said:

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/983056/bara-b-5-1-ce-sabadell-raining-goals-at-the-miniestadi#

Barcelona B won 5-1, but it looks like Balou didn't get on the field.

Quite right. Oddly, none of those who trained with the 1st team yesterday started, some came on late though. I think it might be a good motivation for him to see other guys scoring, he has to break out with the same focus as I see it if he wants to get a step up.

Trained with the first team this Monday morn, once again. Of those that went, Peña is the third keeper, Morer and Wague are outside backs, Cuenca is a CB, so he is the only attacker getting called in. 

We continue to hear rumours of both Denis Suárez and Malcolm possibly being loaned out or sold, so that would put him up on the pecking order. Thing is, there are players on the B team who never train with the 1st team who are actually more prolific scoring, so go figure. 

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Trained with the first team this Monday morn, once again. Of those that went, Peña is the third keeper, Morer and Wague are outside backs, Cuenca is a CB, so he is the only attacker getting called in. 

We continue to hear rumours of both Denis Suárez and Malcolm possibly being loaned out or sold, so that would put him up on the pecking order. Thing is, there are players on the B team who never train with the 1st team who are actually more prolific scoring, so go figure. 

Very interesting. I would think the higher scoring B attackers would be the ones training with the first team. Why isn't that happening here you think? 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Very interesting. I would think the higher scoring B attackers would be the ones training with the first team. Why isn't that happening here you think? 

I don't know, really. I know they have it programmed so most go up, eventually, the same way that over the next few months they'll bring in kids from the U-19 teams to get experience with the B. But that is standard, I've seen it even with small clubs at lower ages, when you get to the end of the season, depending on what you are playing for, an u-14 might be moved into a u-16 side for a few months.

So that Morer , who has not even played for the B team in 2 months, played this weekend and then is with the first team. But then Carlos Pérez who for me is one of the most consistent, and scored three on Saturday, never goes up. Mind you, he is a right side attacker and that is more Messi's spot while since Ballou has been put more on the left side he has more chances. And Perez is a '98 (sometimes on the B, if a player is a bit older he is just there to help with results, there is no intention of him every going to the first team, that is what happened with Honduran Choco Lozano last season).

So I really don't know. I had actually thought that Ballou did not play on the weekend in case they had to call him into the first team as cover, given that they could lose two attackers any day now in Malcolm and Denis.

Certainly not an expert by any means but I could see with a team like Barcelona that it's more important about fitting in an overall system than it just being about goals...maybe they see things in Ballou that make him a better fit in that system than some other players who are scoring more? I dunno

Edited by mpg_29

4 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Certainly not an expert by any means but I could see with a team like Barcelona that it's more important about fitting in an overall system than it just being about goals...maybe they see things in Ballou that make him a better fit in that system than some other players who are scoring more? I dunno

That is what I am hoping as well.  Maybe it is his play in the system.  Maybe it is his technical skills.  Coachability...?

I just hope it translates into success and some first team appearances.

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

That is what I am hoping as well.  Maybe it is his play in the system.  Maybe it is his technical skills.  Coachability...?

I just hope it translates into success and some first team appearances.

Considering what he pulled when with the Impact re: skipping practice/wanting to be traded. I somehow doubt this is the area of his advantage...but who knows....maybe his attitude has changed.

Edited by mpg_29

1 hour ago, lazlo_80 said:

I can’t get a read on how he’s doing there. It sounds like he plays a lot but doesn’t have a huge impact on the field. Am I misunderstanding that? Is he doing well or sort of so so?

Basically right. He's doing sort of okay but has not really broken out for an attacking player. Almost every game he has a moment or three where he makes a nice dribble, has a shot, does something tricky that shows his talent. But rarely if ever really breaks things open and kills it.