Ballou Tabla

shermanator

Fantastic!  It’s hard to imagine that we will have such talented offensive players to choose from and in competition with each other for the right to represent Canada! Herdman may need to end up playing the 352 vs all of our opponents.  Now if we can convince Hutch to play CB for four years and/ or get Tomori or Ferreira to commit we will be assured of 2022!  Allez les Rouges!

4 hours ago, shermanator said:

Holy shit. I did not see this coming, at all.

I think anyone who shit on the release of Zambrano and the appointment of Herdman can officially give their head a shake now.

It's all great news and I give Herdman huge credit for getting these guys on board, I'll wait and see what he can do with all of this talent before I crown him saviour of Canadian football!

3 hours ago, jtpc said:

I never thought I'd be looking forward to the next time we have a match against Honduras, but here we are.

Honduras and Panama, need to put those demons to rest. Oh man do I ever hope for a day when we slice through them like we did against USVI, better yet if we do it on their own home stadiums ha

6 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Tabla is our 2nd best prospect after Davies 

This is still to be determined in my opinion.  Obviously Davies talents speak for themselves.  But just from what i have seen of both player's play in MLS (in their rookie seasons of 2017) you can make a case for either of these players as to who you would put at top as far as prospect.  One thing i liked about Tabla is his ability to play in tight spaces.  Specifically, his dribbling with ball close to his feet and his ability to make a creative play in these situations.  

Edited by Free kick

Bloody brilliant news! Was convinced he'd opt for Cote D. This all starts with Akindele, which is ironic seeing as he may never crack the 18 again. Akindele wins rookie of the year, then chooses Canada. Larin lights up MLS, gets rookie of the year. Hoillet comitts. And then it all starts coming together. MLS has a role to play here, for sure 

My guess is that we will see Ferreira be the next to commit as he is getting older and his chances with Portugal aren’t great.  Hopefully that happens when he comes back from injury.  Tomori and Stephen may take a little longer.  Hopefully one of them commits by the Gold Cup next year and the other for World Cup qualifying.  There is also Akinola who we may see although he is gotta start thinking his chances with Canada are not much better than with the US with the depth we have in the front 3 positions now.  

Would love to see the attacking mid with the Turkish name in the Netherlands come onboard.  But I am probably getting too excited now.  

3 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

Any uptick in Oct ticket sales? 

3 hours ago, admin said:

Yes, I would say so. 

But I would give it a week to really answer that question to see who is buying tickets and take a closer look. 

@JamboAl and I were totally on the fence about the game, but once we saw Tabla commit today we had to jump on some tickets!!! 

/s

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

My guess is that we will see Ferreira be the next to commit as he is getting older and his chances with Portugal aren’t great.  Hopefully that happens when he comes back from injury.  Tomori and Stephen may take a little longer.  Hopefully one of them commits by the Gold Cup next year and the other for World Cup qualifying.  There is also Akinola who we may see although he is gotta start thinking his chances with Canada are not much better than with the US with the depth we have in the front 3 positions now.  

Ferreira true. 

I don't think Tomori has much of a chance with England, unless he goes to the premier league next season and starts. He has wayyyy to many young CBs to pass who are currently getting premier league minutes. In 2022, when he's 24 he'll be battling against Joe Gomez who will be 25, John Stones 28, Harry Maguire 29, Michael Keane 28,... And those are the guys who have caps. 

Likewise with Stephen, he'll need a move somewhere with guys like Renato Sanchez, Ruben Neves, Andre Gomes etc. 

I think we'll see Stephen first though. 

As for Akinola, he'll have to make a decision that's best for him. Right now Canada ain't a guarantee as it was 3 months ago. 

Edited by Jahinho Guerro