Ballou Tabla

shermanator

3 minutes ago, Keegan said:

It’s crazy going on twitter and seeing how many people are excited about this and it just broke!  And you know it’s people genuinely excited because this hasn’t hit the mainstream yet.

If we call in Tabla, David, Davies, Arfield, Hoilett, Larin, Cavallini and Hutchinson for our next match I don’t know what I’ll do with myself. 

New formation vs Dominica 1-4-5

2 minutes ago, PhillyCanuck said:

For a guy that took a lot of shit when he was hired for this job, John Herdman is doing an outstanding job with player commitments and squad selection.

It’s tough to say really.. I think it’s just the way things are going and not to do with the manager so much.  We haven’t had a defector in quite a while now that Tabla has stayed and Floro and OZ were also successful with their recruitment. 

I think the most encouraging thing about Ballou’s commitment is that it is coming now. It isn’t after some amazing result or after we have qualified for the Hex or something like that. He is committed to bringing Canada to new heights, not just joining once we have gotten there. I don’t know how Herdman is going to choose who to start in a competitive game...

7 minutes ago, PhillyCanuck said:

For a guy that took a lot of shit when he was hired for this job, John Herdman is doing an outstanding job with player commitments and squad selection.

Him or Biello.

Also is this going to be a thing now:

♫Tabla. Tabla Tabla. Tabla Tabla. BALLOU TABLA♫
♫Davies. Davies Davies. Davies Davies. PHONZIE DAVIES. ♫

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsbg9NiMRzk

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

I said it this summer.  Just be patient and wait, it would be worth it.

I’m really excited for our program.  Tabla is our 2nd best prospect after Davies and him accepting the call makes 2022 a very strong chance.

We will have the top to bottom best talent pool in a generation for Canada soccer.  It’s a great time for our potential.  

Welcome back Tabla!  He never really left.

5 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I think the most encouraging thing about Ballou’s commitment is that it is coming now. It isn’t after some amazing result or after we have qualified for the Hex or something like that. He is committed to bringing Canada to new heights, not just joining once we have gotten there. I don’t know how Herdman is going to choose who to start in a competitive game...

I also thought this and more specifically does this mean he’s in for u20 qualifiers? You would think this would be a nice meet and greet for our u20 guys who will form the core of our squad for the next 3-4 cycles. 

11 minutes ago, Keegan said:

It’s tough to say really.. I think it’s just the way things are going and not to do with the manager so much.  We haven’t had a defector in quite a while now that Tabla has stayed and Floro and OZ were also successful with their recruitment. 

Agreed - likely a combination of Davies and the Munich excitement + the 2026 announcement. Add in the fact that guys like Cavallini who had issues with the setup in years past have bought back in, which may have swayed some of our dual nationals.

Herdman likely has something to do with the latter, but it does feel like a perfect storm for Canadian football off the pitch lately. Let's hope we get the on-pitch results to keep the momentum rolling. 

1 minute ago, ESG Shawn said:

Agreed - likely a combination of Davies and the Munich excitement + the 2026 announcement. Add in the fact that guys like Cavallini who had issues with the setup in years past have bought back in, which may have swayed some of our dual nationals.

Herdman likely has something to do with the latter, but it does feel like a perfect storm for Canadian football off the pitch lately. Let's hope we get the on-pitch results to keep the momentum rolling. 

Aye, there's the rub! Things are looking up, but it has to translate to success on the field.  Here's to the next step for Canadian Soccer!

Perusing Twitter for reactions, I found this tweet: 

English translation: "Today, 3 players born in Africa refuse to play for their native country:

- Ballou Tabla born in Abidjan, officially chooses Canada.
- Cheikh Diop born in Dakar, wants to play for Spain.
- Dimitri Oberlin born Yaoundé, his father says he has nothing to do with Cameroon."

It feels quite strange to be on this side!

Edited by ESG Shawn
Spelling

42 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I knew that comment on Phonzies pic was more than coincidental!  Phonz has the caption of just a king crown and Ballou commented “cute?”... hopefully these two are battling to be the king of Canadian soccer.

The tide has turned.. now defectors can be the exception rather than the rule. 

I fully endorse a Ballou-Davies friendly rivalry with each trying to out do each other. Both world class players

On 1/14/2018 at 2:12 PM, Chad_Impact said:

If he moves to any of those European teams mentioned, he'll get capped. What are you talking about

On 1/14/2018 at 3:59 PM, jpg75 said:

Yes they will, they're not nearly as loaded as people on here think they are.

Ivory Coast and Tabla have known all along that the only option for him to play nationally was with Canada. Glad we finally got him to commit to the program.