Ballou Tabla

shermanator

I need to get a new flag, as mine is from when Ben Johnson won the 100 m and had not been banned yet. That old.

Then in your face with a fresh one, Ballou, in your face.

How do you say 'pride of Canada' in French?

Just so folks know, all Barcelona official reports, and the Spanish press, always refer to him as Canadian.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Can't see it being true.. what's he committing to our U20 team?  The CSA has completely dropped the ball in 2018 with Alphonso - they had a chance to market this young superstar and they're playing one home match against Dominica in our worst calendar year of all time.  Why would he commit now in footballing terms? 

Is he perhaps seeing that he's missing out on a ton of press by having his future up in the air?  If he was committed to Canada like Davies he would have got a lot more press and the Barcelona move would have been a bigger story.. who knows maybe he would have lit up the Gold Cup too and earned an even bigger move.  It's smart to get with Canada, from a completely unbiased point of view but then again the CSA is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

Maybe he is committing so he can get into the Sept nations league qualifying games??  Is this Glass city guy in any way reliable??

But that's what I find hard to believe... like hey, let me commit now so I can get cap tied in Bradenton vs USVI? 

Edit: then again, it could be tempting to start off your international career with a 4 goal game..

Edited by Keegan

If Herdman and Biello indeed get Tabla to commit then me personally I will forgive and forget the whole Zambrano fiasco... seriously though, if Tabla does commit then for the first time in a long time we would be in a position to catch up and break away from Costa Rica in CONCACAF (who have an aging squad), and start to close the gap on the USA and Mexico. If Tabla commit then Herdman is fully expected to get Canada into the olympics as well, cause damn, we would have a VERY competitive u23 team

9 hours ago, Keegan said:

Can't see it being true.. what's he committing to our U20 team? 

This.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Côte d'Ivoire LOST on aggregate so their U-20 journey is over:

....Therefore, the only competitive U-20 games he can play, are if he sticks with Canada.

Maybe he struck a deal to play with the U-20 in November without playing for the senior team in September and October.

36 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Maybe he struck a deal to play with the U-20 in November without playing for the senior team in September and October.

I’d be fine with that but then here’s what I’d do.  I’d let him help us qualify, get the vision of what could be with the other youngsters but then I tell him he’s not gonna be on the plane for the tournament unless he’s cap tied prior.  So he needs to play in a nations league match or gold cup in 2019 to play in the u20 World Cup. 

Fair trade for all I think.  The fact he wanted to be at Toulon shows he values the youth stage - this is literally his last chance at a youth World Cup with us in November.

Edited by Keegan

Tabla and Davies on either side of Larin is a front 3 that potentially could rival any front 3 in CONCACAF over the next 8 years.  Davies and Tabla would cause havoc and Larin would get a ton of space/service, throw in Osorio behind them and we'll score a ton of goals.  Have to think a guy in Tabla's shoes with the World Cup in 2026 has every reason to stay with Canada.  

Edited by villus

2 minutes ago, villus said:

Tabla and Davies on either side of Larin is a front 3 that potentially could rival any front 3 in CONCACAF over the next 8 years.  Davies and Tabla would cause havoc and Larin would get a ton of space/service, throw in Osorio behind them and we'll score a ton of goals.  Have to think a guy in Tabla's shoes with the World Cup in 2026 has every reason to stay with Canada.  

steady on lads. We have been down this road before. Let's wait for confirmation first before we pop the champagne