Ballou Tabla

shermanator

39 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

The sad thing is that unless Montreal sells a player, he won't be signing for this season.

Neither Venegas or Ontivero were even on the bench last game. We would not know until we actually see him in MLS but from what I have seen of him I think he would be an upgrade over either of these two.

I've seen speculation that IMFC isn't signing him so they don't have to share a transfer fee with MLS, as he wants a transfer to Europe in the near future. Not sure how that makes a ton of sense, as they probably wouldn't get much without MLS exposure, but it would explain the lack of a first team signing when arguably weaker academy players have been 

2 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

I've seen speculation that IMFC isn't signing him so they don't have to share a transfer fee with MLS, as he wants a transfer to Europe in the near future. Not sure how that makes a ton of sense, as they probably wouldn't get much without MLS exposure, but it would explain the lack of a first team signing when arguably weaker academy players have been 

That makes sense as long as he re-signs with FC Montreal for the 2017 season. He turns 18 on March 31st, he could opt to remain a Bosman until then and sign for free next summer.

6 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

That makes sense as long as he re-signs with FC Montreal for the 2017 season. He turns 18 on March 31st, he could opt to remain a Bosman until then and sign for free next summer.

They would still get a fee from whoever signed him to compensate them for his development.

On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 4:16 AM, jpg75 said:

Which would be a fraction of the fee they'd get if he was under contract.

This seems like pure rumour. jpg75 is right, he could leave for free and the development fee is peanuts. Better strategy would be having him under contract and playing him in MLS. If he performs or shows promise, a much higher fee beckons even with the MLS cut. 

1 hour ago, farrelld said:

They could always transfer him to Bologna so Joey could just pay himself and then loan him back to Montreal.

Assuming Tabla and his representatives accept a move to Bologna. If he is out of contract he can go anywhere and take the highest offer, which would likely be from an EPL side.

6 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Assuming Tabla and his representatives accept a move to Bologna. If he is out of contract he can go anywhere and take the highest offer, which would likely be from an EPL side.

Would run into major work permit issues in the UK, no?

55 minutes ago, BCM1555362349 said:

Would run into major work permit issues in the UK, no?

Good point. He'd have to go in front of the tribunal that handles work permit appeals and make a case for himself as a special talent because he wouldn't meet the usual requirements. No guarantee he'd get it.

Doesn't Italy have a non-Euro quota? Might make it a bit difficult or he'd get loaned out i guess...in Germany the Canada-German labour agreement would allow him to play as a non-import. In France he could use his Ivorian citizenship to play as a non-import as well.

1 hour ago, SCF08 said:

Don't they have special rules for people from Commonwealth nations?

I believe there are temporary work permits for young people (under 30) readily available, but it's only for something like 4 months working allowed per 12 months or something (I have a friend who dates a Kiwi and they take turns living in NZ and Canada and long vacations elsewhere to work the system) 

Edited by Complete Homer

2 hours ago, SCF08 said:

No, for football these went out a long time ago. It was an EU thing. Yet another reason for early Brexit!

The working holiday visas are not for long term employment and wholly unsuitable in this instance...

Edited by BCM

5 hours ago, SCF08 said:

They do but you but you can't use them for football. The one you are thinking of is likely the youth mobility visa. A two year work visa for any commonwealth citizen under 31 years of age. But as I mentioned, you can't use it for football. 

• 3 weeks later...

Canada shouldn't wait too long or else they'll risk losing him. The young man is a natural talent with great attacking skill, vision, and great shot. Exactly what we are lacking.  Should take the next opportunity to cap tie him. Especially if we make the Hex. Messi was already playing at the WC in Germany as a teen so I don't see the problem with capping him. 

Edited by Moldy9

I don't really care for the idea of capping players just so they are stuck with us. If they wanna play with us they can earn their call up. We cap-tied  Cavallini and all we got is an unloyal player who"regrets" choosing us.

Edited by Guest

In the case of Cavallini is he really being honest with himself seriously? Would he had made the Uruguayan side - doubt it. We asked him to come back, him wanting to sulk if that's the case is his problem. The least we can do with Tabla is ask, if he refuses that's his right. I love Borjan and God bless him but we should've capped Begovic who is backup for Chelsea. 

Edited by Moldy9

37 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

In the case of Cavallini is he really being honest with himself seriously? Would he had made the Uruguayan side - doubt it. We asked him to come back, him wanting to sulk if that's the case is his problem. The least we can do with Tabla is ask, if he refuses that's his right. I love Borjan and God bless him but we should've capped Begovic who is backup for Chelsea. 

According to FIFA's rules at the time, Begovic was tied to Canada by virtue of his U-20 appearances. Then FIFA changed the rules and he switched.