Ballou Tabla

shermanator

I'd be a little surprised to see Drogba push Tabla to the Ivory Coast. If anything, I see him pushing Tabla to sign with Chelsea.

Tabla is a great prospect but he's not a game changer for a team like the Ivory Coast. Perhaps he can be that important to us, but a team like the Ivory Coast likely has dozens of promising players in the pipeline.

He's not Ivorian, but Kelechi Iheanacho was player of the tournament calibre for Nigeria at the U-17 world cup; as a result he signed with Manchester City and found his feet in the EPL this season. However, he only has two senior caps to date because Nigeria has a lot of attacking options, just like the Ivory Coast.

I'm excited about Tabla but he's not Kelechi Iheanacho even, so like I said I can't see Drogba viewing him as a can't miss for the Ivory Coast. I can see him going out of his way to push the kid to Chelsea though, out of sentiment towards an Ivorian-Canadian and out of loyalty to Chelsea.

Anyways, remember that Elva was monitored by Arsenal, Barcalona and Benfica and in the end signed for Stuttgart and plays for their second team. Not saying that Tabla won't join a mega club - just saying that I don't have any fear Ivory Coast will go out of their way to poach him from us.  

Edited by Obinna

• 3 weeks later...

"Didier has been my idol since I was four years old, it’s crazy,” Tabla told Le Journal de Montreal. "The first time I trained with the pros and with Didier, I cried, I had tears in my eyes.

"Drogba could advise me. I'm a young player and I miss little things that I need to make me a complete player.”

Interesting, given the speculation above.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Interesting interview with Drogba and mentioning the topic of Tabla playing for Ivory Coast. Good interview but Molinaro almost seems to be pushing Drogba to convince him to play for Ivory Coast.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/tony-marinaro-one-on-one-with-didier-drogba-1.508174

Mariano, not Molinaro. Molinaro is a different dude.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, SCF08 said:

Already 1 goal and 2 assists tonight in the first half vs Riverhounds. Stream: 2nd half will start shortly

Goals are at 00:35, 9:50 and 25:45

Fantastic pass on Jackson Hamel's goal.

im still more excited about his potential than any of our underage talents, including Davies