08/11/15 Playoff Sunday Thread

Dub Narcotic

Dallas-Seattle was crazy.  Three goals in the last 10 minutes, it alternated looking certain that either team were going through but ended up even in aggregate.  Went to penalties.  Dallas goalkeeper ended up the hero. Very entertaining game.

Too bad about the Impact, but great for the Fury.  Hopefully the 'Caps will come back and prevail but I'm probably not going to stay up.

Portland clearly out played us, both legs I'd say. Their second half was excellent.

Of the last 8 teams, the technically worst was clear WCFC, sorry to say. Very little football going on out there. We had a good year, we can be happy, but I am not sure there is that much to build on for a similar result next year. I think we are going to have to start again with about 4-5 key pieces.

And yes, bastards, I got up at 4 AM to watch this, at least I caught the end of the Sounders being eliminated, small consolation. So off to work then....

Vancouver was completely dominated for 180 minutes by Portland. Portland is an excellent team but Vancouver has been bad for a while now. The Uruguayan influx looks like a bust, their DPs are a disaster and Carl Robinson seems unable to adjust tactically. A successful season in a lot of ways but the end to the season leaves a very sour taste. With all three DP spots already spoken for next year Vancouver is going to have trouble fixing their attacking problems.

Our attacking options revolve around hitting the ball long to Rivero or hoping Manneh can create openings with his pace. Our team needs some players replaced. Earnshaw & Rosales are too old and need to move on. Mostly we need to have a healthy Pedro and other players in the midfield working offensively. Playing with 2 DMs left us short on attack yet we seldom played without them.

Good news is that Ousted, Waston & Laba are all solid and young so our spine is fine.

The Dallas vs Seattle game was excellent and the best team won so I don't think Portland will have much of a chance with their suspensions and Dallas on form. Tesho looked great.

Archived