Canadians abroad: November 6-12, 2015

DJT

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas gets through. What a match!

Tesho had a very strong performance. He made some great runs! Hopefully he gets a chance in our next two matches against Honduras an ES

Many pundits praising Dallas for playing their kids. If only our three teams did the same thing.

Yup it looks that way in Osorio's case, but at least Floro has had the good sense of including Tiebert who like Osorio did not get many minutes in the Gold Cup and who like Osorio are two promising Canadian players of the future, hopefully Osorio keeps improving and Floro will eventually come to his senses.

If there's some bad blood, sorry to say it but Osorio might need to be the one to reach out, i.e. like Teibert did. Don't blame Floro for demanding respect. Talent and good form are important but, we're not going to get very far if he lets the inmates run the asylum.

Croatian 2nd division

Paris Gee and Colin Jacques both played 90 minutes for Rudes in a 3-0 away loss against Sesvete.

Adrian Becic was in goal for Imotski in a 1-0 away win against Zadar.

Polish 3rd division

David Kwiek played 90 minutes for Radom in a 2-1 away loss against Bytom.

And I really hope Daniel Haber moves soon, as Israeli 2nd division is a nightmare to track: 

It really is. He's played though (the first 45 minutes) and scored his 4th goal of the season. IRONI RAMAT HASHARON (or Hapoel Nir Ramat HaSharon F.C. how they are called now) currently third in the league. If he doesn't promote with this side, I hope he'll move up next season (and preferably to another country as well). He's still playing ad scoring though, who knows where he'll end up. 

Overlooking the formation of 1. FC Magdeburg were revealed some changes , so started veteran Lars Fuchs in the starting lineup , he follows Steffen Puttkammer , who came into the team for the beginning of the flu sick André Hainault .

It appears he is in fact sick and will not be joining the Canada squad.

"Defender André Hainault, meanwhile, has canceled his participation in the World Cup qualifying match between Canada and Honduras on Friday in Vancouver. The 29-year-old had been lacking against Münster with flu and therefore remain in Germany."

http://www.volksstimme.de/sport/fussball/fc_magdeburg/20151109/1-fc-magdeburg-malone-fehlt-bis-jahresende

That leaves the door open for him joining before the El Salvador match.

It appears he is in fact sick and will not be joining the Canada squad.

"Defender André Hainault, meanwhile, has canceled his participation in the World Cup qualifying match between Canada and Honduras on Friday in Vancouver. The 29-year-old had been lacking against Münster with flu and therefore remain in Germany."

http://www.volksstimme.de/sport/fussball/fc_magdeburg/20151109/1-fc-magdeburg-malone-fehlt-bis-jahresende

That leaves the door open for him joining before the El Salvador match.

looks like haber has been called into replace him.

don't think Hainault makes the trip at all

looks like haber has been called into replace him.

don't think Hainault makes the trip at all

Don't understand how they can call up a player on short notice, since Israel 2nd Div must play next weekend. Legally, they can't, don't think. So he must simply ask his club and they let him, which considering he scores and they are in a promotion fight is pretty good of them.

Don't understand how they can call up a player on short notice, since Israel 2nd Div must play next weekend. Legally, they can't, don't think. So he must simply ask his club and they let him, which considering he scores and they are in a promotion fight is pretty good of them.

Different Haber ... Marcus was called in, not Daniel.

Ok, totally dumb of me...I somehow thought Crewe Alexandra played in that cozy little stadium north of Tel Aviv....but still the case is the same, they'd have to release him on their own accord and under no FIFA rule.

Is there a rule that teams need to be notified by a certain date in order to have players released?

I've never come across such a rule. I see players all the time getting released for national team duty to cover for an injury.

I'm pretty sure if it's a FIFA window, the team have no say regardless

Ok, totally dumb of me...I somehow thought Crewe Alexandra played in that cozy little stadium north of Tel Aviv....but still the case is the same, they'd have to release him on their own accord and under no FIFA rule.

Crewe has mentioned that he was on standby. One would guess that Canada called Haber and James in case something happened to any of our players  and the clubs knew that it was a possibility that they can lose them.

Enjoyed watching most of Iain Hume's Kolkata win 3-2 vs. Kerala in Indian Super League action. Hume went 90 minutes. One of the benefits of living in Kuwait, especially the region loaded with Indian migrant workers, is cheap delicious Indian food and football matches on everywhere. 

Hume looked okay. The heat he is playing in could be a benefit for road qualifiers. That being said he blasted a clear chance off the post that would have given his team the lead. That being said, despite minimal contribution to the build up, he was drawing a large amount of attention. 

Enjoyed watching most of Iain Hume's Kolkata win 3-2 vs. Kerala in Indian Super League action. Hume went 90 minutes. One of the benefits of living in Kuwait, especially the region loaded with Indian migrant workers, is cheap delicious Indian food and football matches on everywhere. 

Hume looked okay. The heat he is playing in could be a benefit for road qualifiers. That being said he blasted a clear chance off the post that would have given his team the lead. That being said, despite minimal contribution to the build up, he was drawing a large amount of attention. 

Must have been a special game for him, playing vs. his former team and all!

Archived