Wild Speculation On TSN #CanMNT Broadcast

Tuscan

And then he'll find a way to criticize Toronto and the state of Canadian soccer and when people ask him why doesn't he do something about it he'll say there's no point.

Jason DeVos is going to use the platform to announce he's coming back to the men's team to show all the newbies how it's done. 

He was in Mtl last week doing a TSN broadcast and I got a chance to ask him what he thought of Junior finally joining MNT & said he had mixed emotions about it,mainly about the timing of it all. He also mentioned that he thinks some of the players don't have the pride of wearing jersey like they had before. Sometimes I think he might be right. Sorry this might not be the right post but I thought I'd mention it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went through a bunch of picture of the men's national team players with a friend and his husband.

They picked Simon Thomas because he has a 'a twinkish charm but very mature features'. Basically it was the funnest talk they've ever had about sports....they also liked Ricketts, Teibert and Petrasso and said some things that made me feel bad for Samuel Piette

He also mentioned that he thinks some of the players don't have the pride of wearing jersey like they had before. Sometimes I think he might be right. Sorry this might not be the right post but I thought I'd mention it.

I swear on the TSN FC podcast he hit that point nearly every episode.

He was in Mtl last week doing a TSN broadcast and I got a chance to ask him what he thought of Junior finally joining MNT & said he had mixed emotions about it,mainly about the timing of it all. He also mentioned that he thinks some of the players don't have the pride of wearing jersey like they had before. Sometimes I think he might be right. Sorry this might not be the right post but I thought I'd mention it.

I'm sure Jason is right on the pride thing.  Different era, I guess.  When deVos was coming up, few Canadians had any other options internationally (talent-wise).  Now, as Canadian soccer improves and players are glamorized overseas but not here, more kids see it as a business/career advancement decision.  When youth NT players congratulate their peers on joining foreign team, it is clear it is a different world.

I'm glad Hoilett joined but can do without the "I can't wait make my debut for the National team" stuff.  Clearly he could wait many years.

On topic: I hope TSN is picking up away games, too!

ON TOPIC NOW: TSN are just banking on the MLS play-off hype and testing to see how the CanMNT does viewership wise across the country likely after seeing ok numbers TLN have done with less availability. Might be related to the possible C-League to see what the viewership is like in provinces outside of Quebec, Ontario and BC before committing to it. If they pimp this game out big time I'd say that's what's happening.

Associations only have the rights to their own home matches. I believe CA teams and most other CONCACAF teams in recent years have sold their rights to Traffic Sports who then sold them to BeIn. I don't know if BeIn sports has the rights to the other CONCACAF matches this cycle. I know the US and Mexico have theirs with ESPN.

Associations only have the rights to their own home matches. I believe CA teams and most other CONCACAF teams in recent years have sold their rights to Traffic Sports who then sold them to BeIn. I don't know if BeIn sports has the rights to the other CONCACAF matches this cycle. I know the US and Mexico have theirs with ESPN.

what happens if el salvador sells the rights to a brodcaster who isnt available in canada? Are there different rights for different countries looking to watch the game?

for example is tsn the only brodcaster showing the honduras game in van city? Does this mean a honduran brodcaster has no hope of showing the game? Or can they pick up the tsn feed for a fee? 

Bein sports Canada is showing a lot of CONCACAF games this cycle. Whether they show the Canada away game depends on if there is no better match to show.

what happens if el salvador sells the rights to a brodcaster who isnt available in canada? Are there different rights for different countries looking to watch the game?

Last cycle their home game was on BeIN. Even the Belize game was on BeIN but nobody watched it there because it was free on Channel 5 Belize (online).

The question is will the FESFUT cut a deal with the CSA? ( the game would then be on TSN)

If not, the game will likely be on BeIN, were just not sure if it will make the main channel (and be on TV) or simply be available on their overpriced online streaming service.

Last cycle their home game was on BeIN. Even the Belize game was on BeIN but nobody watched it there because it was free on Channel 5 Belize (online).

The question is will the FESFUT cut a deal with the CSA? ( the game would then be on TSN)

If not, the game will likely be on BeIN, were just not sure if it will make the main channel (and be on TV) or simply be available on their overpriced online streaming service.

The Belize game wasn't on BEIN, I am 100% sure of that, because I have that channel and I remember being upset that it wasn't on there.

The Belize game wasn't on BEIN, I am 100% sure of that, because I have that channel and I remember being upset that it wasn't on there.

It was on the online service.

Ya I was pissed. I watched the crappy stream on my iPad (first world problems), then noticed the next night the BeIN broadcast which was in glorious HD. Although the BeIN broadcast didn't have Mad Dog and Maestro.

I'm probably gonna switch from BeinTV regular to the streaming service. I think it's pretty much the same price right?

I'm probably gonna switch from BeinTV regular to the streaming service. I think it's pretty much the same price right?

Well, if we only get a BeIN online broadcast for El Salvador, if you bring your laptop to Gracies I'll chip in for your first month and we'll have a viewing party either on your laptop screen or Matt can plug your laptop into the projector if he has the cords so we can watch it on the big screen.

Well, if we only get a BeIN online broadcast for El Salvador, if you bring your laptop to Gracies I'll chip in for your first month and we'll have a viewing party either on your laptop screen or Matt can plug your laptop into the projector if he has the cords so we can watch it on the big screen.

I've never done this... What kind of cord would we need? Obviously something with one end that's either the yellow video or HDMI but what hooks up to the laptop?

Edit; is it VGA?

I've never done this... What kind of cord would we need? Obviously something with one end that's either the yellow video or HDMI but what hooks up to the laptop?

Edit; is it VGA?

you can do VGA or most of the newer laptops have HDMI

Archived