WCQ - Canada vs. Honduras Nov. 13th, 2015 Pre-Game Thread

jpg75

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone is excited to have this match played in BC Place but if I was the CSA I would learned from past and have had it played in the coldest environment possible in Canada. When we play Honduras in Honduras it favors Honduras due to there the brutal conditions and nasty atmosphere.

I know everyone is excited to have this match played in BC Place but if I was the CSA I would learned from past and have had it played in the coldest environment possible in Canada. When we play Honduras in Honduras it favors Honduras due to there the brutal conditions and nasty atmosphere.

I think there's got to be a balance of strategic placement, ticket revenue maximization and comfort for the team. 

...CSA...learned from past and have had it played in the coldest environment possible...brutal conditions

Honest question:

If we had set this game up to be in Winnipeg, what do you guys think the attendance would be? What would the Honduran percentage be? What about Edmonton?

Montréal, Ottawa and Toronto are only slightly colder than Vancouver today.

mserson

It's all about winning. If you put revenues ahead of winning then you will disappointed with the result. I hope I'm wrong but when you treat an opposition like Honduras with nicety they will take advantage of it. Also this is a must win match as I can tell you Canada will have a tough time beating Honduras in Honduras due to the brutal atmosphere.

mserson

It's all about winning. If you put revenues ahead of winning then you will disappointed with the result. I hope I'm wrong but when you treat an opposition like Honduras with nicety they will take advantage of it. Also this is a must win match as I can tell you Canada will have a tough time beating Honduras in Honduras due to the brutal atmosphere.

I totally understand but the CSA has to capitalize on revenue potential like this game, for better chances of winning in the future.

Archived