WCQ - Canada vs. Honduras Nov. 13th, 2015 Pre-Game Thread

jpg75

We almost certainly need a win here and there's only a 44% chance we're going to get it...

"Who can lay down odds on the hearts of eleven men...oh Canada our hearts are ringing true. We won for your before and will win for you again, Oh Canada will proudly play for you!"

This the most epic song of all time...note to CSA/Voyaguers...play at pre games/game watches/AT BC PLACE

...seriously we should turn this into an epic/original  chant. start the above at 1:40min. Nice opportunity for our drummers to kick ass too! 

"Who can lay down odds on the hearts of eleven men...oh Canada our hearts are ringing true. We won for your before and will win for you again, Oh Canada will proudly play for you!

But who can lay down odds on the hearts of eleven men...oh Canada our hearts are ringing true. We won for your before and will win for you again, Oh Canada will proudly play for you!"

Oh Canada, Oh Canada will proudly "

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Who can lay down odds on the hearts of eleven men...oh Canada our hearts are ringing true. We won for your before and will win for you again, Oh Canada will proudly play for you!"

This the most epic song of all time...note to CSA/Voyaguers...play at pre games/game watches/AT BC PLACE

...seriously we should turn this into an epic/original  chant. start the above at 1:40min. Nice opportunity for our drummers to kick ass too! 

"Who can lay down odds on the hearts of eleven men...oh Canada our hearts are ringing true. We won for your before and will win for you again, Oh Canada will proudly play for you!

But who can lay down odds on the hearts of eleven men...oh Canada our hearts are ringing true. We won for your before and will win for you again, Oh Canada will proudly play for you!"

It actually would be a very simple chant, I'm all for it.

On a related note I'm all for something that is unique to us, everything we do has been appropriated. How do we go about getting something like this going? Get a couple dozen of us committed, then all of us stand together and sing? I guess it's as simple as that. 

I also like Cal's idea of The Maple Leaf Forever.

Gotta do this. I can already hear it. 

I usually don't like the songs that are brought up here but I actually really like this idea. Maybe the last line (oh canada part) not so much but I do like the rest. 

Victor Montagliani on TSN 1040:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/montagliani-canada-is-a-soccer-nation-1.391044

- We would like to keep roof open

- Not in Vancouver due to construction at BMO, decision was made in the summer after WWC (Garbage)

- New turf is state of the art, boys are commenting positively (sure they are)

- More crap about club teams' success and Canada being a soccer country

- "We want to get to the Hex, we want to do everything we can to get to Russia, the reality is we're taking a long term approach to this, I think 2022 is more realistic seeing these young players come through"

- Hoilett is a great young man, true Canadian kid, humble, good family

I'm from Toronto and just listened to the TSN Vancouver interview of Montagliani. was impressed with the two radio hosts they seem to know their soccer sounded pretty knowledgeable, unlike some of the mainstream radio guys here in Toronto who would not know the difference between say the New York Red Bulls and NYCFC .

@JohnMolinaro: Pleased to announce @gavinlday will cover #canMNT games in Vancouver & El Salvador for @Sportsnet. He'll also write more for us in future.

sportsnet still giving the canmnt coverage despite tsn picking up the games. Competition is good

sidenote. I never knew gavin left the csa in october. 

@JohnMolinaro: Pleased to announce @gavinlday will cover #canMNT games in Vancouver & El Salvador for @Sportsnet. He'll also write more for us in future.

sportsnet still giving the canmnt coverage despite tsn picking up the games. Competition is good

sidenote. I never knew gavin left the csa in october. 

He wasn't renewed as Richard Scott goes back to his old position from working on the WWC.

Archived