WCQ - Canada vs. Honduras Nov. 13th, 2015 Pre-Game Thread

jpg75

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there is a great deal of difference when it comes to skill or technical ability between these two players. Maybe you can make a case for Hainault having slightly better technique, and of course much more experience, but Ouimette has more experience playing as a FB under Floro than Hainault does. While neither is gifted offensively, Ouimette does appear to be the more dynamic of the two. When we have the ball, he wants to get involved in the play more, and doesn't shy away from running at defenders (Iceland assist). He does this all while playing within his technical limitations - in other words he keeps it simple back there. I also believe he has the legs to keep up with attackers, and although not particularly fast, I notice he doesn't get beaten too often.

everyone will have their preference.

i still think hainault is overal a better player and has experience at playing at RB, so to me he's the obvious choice. he was a main stay in our last World Cup cycle and was very good for us, one of our most reliable players. Coming into this cycle I'd want him back in there.

might have been ask or be a dumb question, but i was wondering if anyone will put chants so we could get familiar with them. As i am watching the caps game at the moment i was also wondering if we were going to replicate the " You fat bastard" or anything similar to that. 

might have been ask or be a dumb question, but i was wondering if anyone will put chants so we could get familiar with them. As i am watching the caps game at the moment i was also wondering if we were going to replicate the " You fat bastard" or anything similar to that. 

I will get in touch with Califax and get him to either post or send me the song sheet he prepared.

Although I have to say, it sometimes is easiest to just listen and do your best to sing along (although being prepared will certainly help). I've gotten used to the more Toronto-influenced chants as well as several Edmonton and Ottawa ones. Remember some Vancouver-influenced ones from Seattle in 2013.

Tesho looked fantastic tonight. Interesting choice to make for Floro. Maybe better for us as an impact sub but has some much needed height and strength in addition to pace.

Like when he cut into the box and used strength, rather than pace, to boss his man, practically walking through him on the way to goal and almost winning the game. Yeah, can we see that against Honduras, please!

Like when he cut into the box and used strength, rather than pace, to boss his man, practically walking through him on the way to goal and almost winning the game. Yeah, can we see that against Honduras, please!

I doubt we'll see that against Honduras because:  (a)  he'll be playing against a real fullback and not some stopgap (midfielder Roldan) that Schmid was forced to play there in the extra time, and; (b) the opposition will probably be set up in a more supportive defensive shape than we saw in this overtime, which had quite a few gaps, 1 v 1 opportunities, and dying legs out there.

But you never know.

Marcus Haber posted on FB that he is headed to Vancouver... do we have an injury we don't know about yet?  I could see Cavallini dropping out of the team for some BS reason.

I hope it's not Cavallini ... I really think we could use him, especially since Floro seems to like pulling Larin after 70 minutes or so. And with 2 games so close together, it makes sense to give Larin 2 starts but not let him go 90 in either match.  Having Cavallini play 40-50 minutes is really important IMO.

I hope it's not Cavallini ... I really think we could use him, especially since Floro seems to like pulling Larin after 70 minutes or so. And with 2 games so close together, it makes sense to give Larin 2 starts but not let him go 90 in either match.  Having Cavallini play 40-50 minutes is really important IMO.

Cavallini recently played 87 minutes, can anyone find out if he came off injured or just a normal sub?

Haber 

Thanks didn't know where to find something like that.Good news then. Haber could just be an extra body for his committed service

Due to the fact we have two solid strikers now, and it will be harder for him to get into the squad.

http://mobile.crewealex.net/news/article/haber-drafted-into-canada-squad-2792843.aspx

no mention of who has dropped out. Pray it's Ricketts not larin or cavellini. 

Its Hainault http://www.volksstimme.de/sport/fussball/fc_magdeburg/20151109/1-fc-magdeburg-malone-fehlt-bis-jahresende

Being so sick you have to miss a WCQ? Seems a bit odd to me. 

Its Hainault http://www.volksstimme.de/sport/fussball/fc_magdeburg/20151109/1-fc-magdeburg-malone-fehlt-bis-jahresende

Being so sick you have to miss a WCQ? Seems a bit odd to me.

doesn't surprise me. I posted in the weekly player thread that Hainault missed his club match over the weekend due to the flu. must be a bad one

interesting that Floro decides to replace a defender with a striker.... then again Hainault is our super sub when needing a goal...

Here is the weather forecast for Friday:

FriNov 13
Rain
29.png
10°C
50°F

7°C
 45°F
 60%
 ~20 mm

It will be interesting to see if they stick with the plan to keep the roof open.

I know there was a lot of weather-related debate about this game. Out of interest, here are forecasts for some of the other alternatives:

Winnipeg: 3/ 0 - Sunny

Hamilton: 9/ 4 - Sunny

Ottawa: 8/ 3 - Rain

Edmonton: 6/ 0 - possible snow

Fort Mac: 5 / 0 - Sunny

Archived