Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

You think Kaye signs for LAFC if not for the opportunity OZ gave him at the Gold Cup in 2017?

I'm pretty sure Bradley has even said that the reason they were interested in him was because of his Gold Cup performance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

No I don’t.  Just the notion that he uncovered MAK is false. 

Well of course he knew about him, but believing in him and giving Kaye the opportunity was huge and allowed him to be "discovered" by LAFC. OZ definitely played a big role in advancing Kaye's career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exclusive 1 on 1 Video Interview with Tristan Borges - on the golden boot race with Campbell, if we could see more Canadians come back from Youth European Academies, U23 Qualifiers - Tokyo 2020, CanMNT possibilities & what the future holds ⬇️

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Exclusive 1 on 1 Video Interview with Tristan Borges - on the golden boot race with Campbell, if we could see more Canadians come back from Youth European Academies, U23 Qualifiers - Tokyo 2020, CanMNT possibilities & what the future holds ⬇️

 

 

That boys too cool man, and he's pure quality. I'm excited to watch his bright future. Keep it up young man! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Exclusive 1 on 1 Video Interview with Tristan Borges - on the golden boot race with Campbell, if we could see more Canadians come back from Youth European Academies, U23 Qualifiers - Tokyo 2020, CanMNT possibilities & what the future holds ⬇️

 

 

First time I have heard him in interview. 

Am I the only one who sees a resemblance to DeRosario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anymore rumours of where he might be playing next year? Even as a fan of forge, I will be disappointed if he plays for us next season. He is the epitome of what this league is about and won every award he could. So if anyone is going to take a step up it would be him.

Believe there was a rumour that he could go to Belgium and another that had him linked to the Impact (prior to Henry's arrival). Since then it has gone quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Anymore rumours of where he might be playing next year? Even as a fan of forge, I will be disappointed if he plays for us next season. He is the epitome of what this league is about and won every award he could. So if anyone is going to take a step up it would be him.

Believe there was a rumour that he could go to Belgium and another that had him linked to the Impact (prior to Henry's arrival). Since then it has gone quiet.

I agree with this. As much as we like having talent in Our League, the ultimate goal should be to get young Canadians playing and moving up the pyramid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 9:37 AM, Stryker911 said:

Anymore rumours of where he might be playing next year? Even as a fan of forge, I will be disappointed if he plays for us next season. He is the epitome of what this league is about and won every award he could. So if anyone is going to take a step up it would be him.

Believe there was a rumour that he could go to Belgium and another that had him linked to the Impact (prior to Henry's arrival). Since then it has gone quiet.

Yup just Belgium and the Impact so far from what I have seen. I would image the Impact are at least still interested as usually the team reporters say when a rumor was false or they aren't follow a player any more. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, johnyb said:

I agree with this. As much as we like having talent in Our League, the ultimate goal should be to get young Canadians playing and moving up the pyramid. 

The ultimate goal for who? There are plenty of perspectives here. If I was a Forge fan I’d only want to see him leave if he brought in a transfer fee that could help improve the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the team and league get a reputation as being a showcase for talent and a track record for moving guys on to bigger leagues it can only help bring in the next wave of kids.  This first year with (rumored) mostly only one year contracts, getting transfer fees isnt too likely.  If you can goto kids stagnating at the MLS academies and show them a pathway, they'll come, and eventually with multiyear contracts and trnasfer fees.  Better for them to star in CPL than be buried in USL-1 or a traveling developmental squad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Tristan will be returning to Forge for the 2020 season

 

As a Forge supporter I'm pretty excited for this!  A strong start to the season could still see him picked up in the summer window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...