NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

I see Issey Nakajima Farran is still playing, same team as last year, Cubelles. Division is Segunda Catalana, that's 7th tier. He scored 15 last year and has 3 in 4 games this season. Basically, it's exercise.

I was watching a match of this tier today in a reputedly rough part of Barcelona, Vallbona. Freshly burned out cars in the stadium parking lot.

The locals were running up the score and an old man arrives late and ask me how the young striker was doing; the kid, from Ivory Coast, who lived with the old guy who was fostering him, had scored 3 in 25 minutes. Asks me how he scored and I tell him.

He watches 10 minutes more and leaves, saying to me, "tell him I was here and saw the goals". I'd never been to that field or the neighborhood before.

Ended 7-2. Goals aren't that dear in 7th tier Spain.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

"Jeremy Kyezu (2003) has dual English-Canadian citizenship and has experience with Tottenham Hotspur at both Under-18s and Under-21s levels, having came through the club's youth system."

He was on trial with Birmingham a few months ago.  I think he is without a club at the moment.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jeremy-kyezu-birmingham-city-tottenham-24822362

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Anyone know what happened with Damiano Pecile? He made the bench for Venezia in Série A last year, but hasn’t played a single minute or made a single bench appearance this year, and I can’t seem to find any info about him playing for their youth teams either.

Probably playing with their youth teams.

He only played when they had a major covid outbreak.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Ya.

They had a major covid outbreak and lost that game. Believe he had a bad rating.

It doesn’t seem like he’s on their youth team’s roster either- though I could only find their U19 (he’s 20), so I don’t know which other youth teams they have, if any. He posted a story from Venice like last week so he’s still with the team in some regard, but I can’t find proof that he has played any soccer since that Italy cup game.

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

It doesn’t seem like he’s on their youth team’s roster either- though I could only find their U19 (he’s 20), so I don’t know which other youth teams they have, if any. He posted a story from Venice like last week so he’s still with the team in some regard, but I can’t find proof that he has played any soccer since that Italy cup game.

I haven't checked but I figure he'd be on their Primavera team seeing he's on the edge of their senior team.

If I remember early next week I will ask the Northern Futbol guys for an update o  twitter the day before they record their podcast

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

I haven't checked but I figure he'd be on their Primavera team seeing he's on the edge of their senior team.

If I remember early next week I will ask the Northern Futbol guys for an update o  twitter the day before they record their podcast

Yeah that’s the team I checked, and I couldn’t find him. I think they also could be U19? Not sure.

another kid I’ve been curious about is Malcolm Simmons with Benfica U23 hard to get much data on their games aside from goals scored and sometimes starting lineup, plus they play like one game a month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...