NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

9 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Club from the Belgrade area called FK Budućnost Dobanovci apparently rather than the famous FK Budućnost from Podgorica in Montenegro. Hope all goes well with their Future:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FK_Budućnost_Dobanovci

Buducnost means "The Future". It is a bit similar in Russian, but I don't think they have sports teams in Russia with that name. 

I must admit I do like the soviet Dynamos, cool club name. 

Also like the Serbian references to the rail system, the Zelenicars.

Like that team in Argentina, Ferro Carril Oeste, which was actually founded by employees of a train company.

52 minutes ago, to70 said:

Anthony Grgic 28/09/03 formerly of the Whitcaps Academy moved from 3rd division NK Karlovac 1991 to 4th tier HNSK Moslavina.

Svoje prve minute je upisao i novi igrač HNŠK Moslavine Grgić Anthony Blaž 

IMG-5a580f970a5028db00885e20831482a6-V-1

He made his debut with his new Club this past week.

Wasn't he in the youth setup at Dinamo Zagreb?

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching a bit of my local USL Championship team Birmingham Legion's game against Sporting KC II this weekend, when I recognized an opponents name that jumped out at me: Mataeo Bunbury!  

Yes, Alex has another kid who's just starting on his pro career.  He's only 16, (and we all know how things turned out with Teal) but still it's worth keeping an eye on him.  As far as how he looked?  Mataeo started the game at RM (making his 3rd appearance) but was pulled after the first 45 minutes with his team down 4-0. I don't think he looked any worse than most of his teammates, but they barely had the ball, and were defending for most of the game.  So it was hard to get much info on him from this game.

B'ham has a talented, veteran group that is one of the top teams in the league, while KC 2 is very young, and one of the worst.  In fact, KC 2 sent out a starting lineup that included six teenagers!  Final score was 6-0 for the Legion.

10 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

I was watching a bit of my local USL Championship team Birmingham Legion's game against Sporting KC II this weekend, when I recognized an opponents name that jumped out at me: Mataeo Bunbury!  

Yes, Alex has another kid who's just starting on his pro career.  He's only 16, (and we all know how things turned out with Teal) but still it's worth keeping an eye on him.  As far as how he looked?  Mataeo started the game at RM (making his 3rd appearance) but was pulled after the first 45 minutes with his team down 4-0. I don't think he looked any worse than most of his teammates, but they barely had the ball, and were defending for most of the game.  So it was hard to get much info on him from this game.

B'ham has a talented, veteran group that is one of the top teams in the league, while KC 2 is very young, and one of the worst.  In fact, KC 2 sent out a starting lineup that included six teenagers!  Final score was 6-0 for the Legion.

Is he eligible for Canada? He wasn't born in Canada and neither was Alex.

7 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

Wow, considering how much older his three other siblings than Mateo is. Teal is 15 years older. Is their mother from Canada, if so he would be for sure eligible for Canada. Interesting. 

4 hours ago, Cblake said:

Wow, considering how much older his three other siblings than Mateo is. Teal is 15 years older. Is their mother from Canada, if so he would be for sure eligible for Canada. Interesting. 

Might be eligible. A little blurb on him here: https://www.sportingkc.com/news/sporting-kansas-city-ii-signs-16-year-old-academy-forward-mataeo-bunbury-to-acad

Also, it looks like he played in at least one US U14 camp, fwiw.

26 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Nevello Yoseke is now with New Amsterdam of the D3 American league NISA

Interesting player as seems he has lived in at least seven countries and played with at least ten teams....not all pro and actually most of it looks semi-pro/amateur...really bouncing around

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevello_Yoseke

While in France he expressed interest in playing in CanPL

• 2 weeks later...