NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

• 2 weeks later...

New team for Simon Thomas with him picking up a contract with Eliteserien new boys Tromsø IL, to the end of 2021... coincidentally, one of the three teams I support (along with Pacific and Southampton), so looking forward to the next few months. Probably will serve as the backup/experienced keeper for our current starter Jacob Karlstrøm, but I imagine will pick up a handful of games towards the end of the season if our status in the division is confirmed for next year.

Edited by bfque8

Was reading an interview with Blasco of PFC in Spanish and he says one goal he has is to play for Canada. He may have nationality after so many years here. 

Have to find that again, think it was an outlet from Mallorca. 

He's solid in CPL, always a strong player, but would have to take it up a bit to be considered I'd say. 

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was reading an interview with Blasco of PFC in Spanish and he says one goal he has is to play for Canada. He may have nationality after so many years here. 

Have to find that again, think it was an outlet from Mallorca. 

He's solid in CPL, always a strong player, but would have to take it up a bit to be considered I'd say. 

Just to answer to that first bit, he picked up domestic CanPL status last season - I want to say he got his PR done in the spring of 2020, but not 100% on timeline. Definitely has it though, as far as I'm aware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Colliedor said:

Canucks abroad retweeted this but do we know if he's actually eligible for Canada? Looking at Palmeiras website, seems he was for sure born in Brazil.

1. Read an article that stated "Coimbra caught the attention of Verdão working in Juazeiro, Ceará, and spent much of his basic career at Faly Academy in Vancouver, Canada - from nine to 16 years of age".

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

Also looks like its confirmed from the official Faly Academy's instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP3sqq7HVSr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This post states 4 full years only though.  However, he does comment on the post thanking and praising the coaches/program.

Only other thing from a quick google search is him playing in Burnaby U13 in 2017, so maybe he’s been in BC since he was 9 but at Faly since 13 or 14?