Jump to content
Fussball_eh

NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I believe it's been confirmed that he's not eligible for Canada.

It’s a grey area I believe, he has said Canada was in touch but neither know if he’s eligible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 7:33 AM, red card said:

Map shows countries based on players abroad in 2019. Brasil is of course #1. Nigeria leads African countries. Japan leads Asia.

Canada had 65 abroad with 27 in the US; followed by Germany. Then 3 players each in NZ, Norway & Portgual.

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/atlasmigr/

Nigeria is no surprise. Highest population in Africa, nearly double the next biggest country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big news missed: Bakr Abdellaoui recently moved from Linense of 3rd tier Spain to Östersunds FK of 1st tier Sweden on a 1+1 contract..Östersund said they are going with a large squad as when it restarts there will probably be a large number of games in a short period so hes getting a chance that he probably would not have gotten normally..only appeared in 11 games and 2 starts with Linense

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/ostersund-presenterar-nyforvarv---mitt-i-krisen-behover-ha-en-bred-trupp/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Big_M said:

The list shows Tomasz Skublak with Lori FC of Armenia..hmm when did that happen??

A couple of months ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should post a source before putting it on the list..and even if signed it would most likely be for the following season so contract not started yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adonijah Reid is apparently in France with Le Havre II.   There is also a Canadian goalkeeper there by the name of Nikola Curcija who I haven’t heard of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Weng said:

Adonijah Reid is apparently in France with Le Havre II.   There is also a Canadian goalkeeper there by the name of Nikola Curcija who I haven’t heard of.

Hes' not there anymore and hasn't been with any teams since the start of the year apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Wikipedia it shows he is on their reserve team.  Being Wikipedia though, I’m sure you are correct and it is not. Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Out of curiosity is there an actual topic for 'prospects' so to speak? Players that are something like u21 and Canadian that we could discuss? I know the big ones right now are guys like Simon Colyn, Kamron Habibullah, Antoine Coupland but do any of these guys have similar upside to a guy like David or Davies (I know these guys are absolutely unreal, and also u21 but I figure they're already successful at the highest level) or are there more out there? I know that things have really improved at the grassroots level over the last while and I don't think guys like David or Davies will be anomalous going forward. Just curious if there are any really bright prospects and if this topic is meant to include those or if it's all kind of scattered?

Thanks in advance!

 

EDIT: I did find this topic, which seems decent: https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/forums/topic/77334-top-10-u21/ 

Edited by Spero14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Spero14 said:

Out of curiosity is there an actual topic for 'prospects' so to speak? Players that are something like u21 and Canadian that we could discuss? I know the big ones right now are guys like Simon Colyn, Kamron Habibullah, Antoine Coupland but do any of these guys have similar upside to a guy like David or Davies (I know these guys are absolutely unreal, and also u21 but I figure they're already successful at the highest level) or are there more out there? I know that things have really improved at the grassroots level over the last while and I don't think guys like David or Davies will be anomalous going forward. Just curious if there are any really bright prospects and if this topic is meant to include those or if it's all kind of scattered?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I did find this topic, which seems decent: https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/forums/topic/77334-top-10-u21/ 

If you found the topic, dredge it up, revive it. We are suckers for pretty well any topic on this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Gareth Wheeler's Inside the Game interview with Mauro Biello (posted by Ozzie in the CPL General thread), Biello talks about an U20 player Canada is following at Panathinaikos.  Anyone aware of which player this is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I believe it’s Ilias Iliadis who is an u-19 midfielder.  I believe his 15 year old brother is also part of their academy and plays midfield/striker/ and as a winger.

Edited by Weng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Weng said:

I believe it’s Ilias Iliadis who is an u-19 midfielder.  I believe his 15 year old brother is also part of their academy and plays midfield/striker/ and as a winger.

So him, Dan Jebbison at Sheffield, Corbeanu at Wolves, what was the other club he mentioned I don’t think I heard it properly, it sounded almost like San Houston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 12:20 PM, jordan said:

So him, Dan Jebbison at Sheffield, Corbeanu at Wolves, what was the other club he mentioned I don’t think I heard it properly, it sounded almost like San Houston

The other team he mentioned was Sandhausen of the 2. Bundesliga. Roen Fordyce Hlywka a right winger plays for Sandhausen u19 where he was the top scorer in the league this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...