Fussball_eh

NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Posted (edited)

I can't find the original but his Wiki page quotes an article from FourFourTwo tilted "The Top Ten Worst Foreign Flops in SLeague History."

"By mid-season 2010, the club decided to release Fante due to his goalscoring ineptitude."

Ouch.

Edited by BuzzAndSting

3 minutes ago, ditty said:

Adam Straith has signed with Hansa Rostock in the German 3. Liga. His current club, Lotte, were relegated on Saturday from the 3. Liga. 

Damn. No CPL homecoming with Pacific I guess.

1 hour ago, masster said:

This is definitely a upward move for him. Rostock is a much bigger club than Lotte, who were pretty much the smallest club in the 3. Liga. Rostock will likely be contenders for promotion next season and I'm pretty sure his wages will increase as well.

On 5/20/2019 at 12:37 PM, masster said:

Adam has been in Germany for almost a decade now? He probably is settled in Germany, its his home and who knows maybe has a wife from there.

15 hours ago, Ivanovski94 said:

Adam has been in Germany for almost a decade now? He probably is settled in Germany, its his home and who knows maybe has a wife from there.

Except for those two years in Norway, 2017 with Edmonton and a few trials around the world in between.  It could be as simple as staying in 3.L with possibility of moving to B2 is more attractive (and possibly more lucrative) then coming home to be a big fish in a small pond.   CPL is starting. It will grow and as it does more players will choose it.  Until then, nothing wrong with sticking with the European option. 

6 hours ago, WheatsheafSK said:

Except for those two years in Norway, 2017 with Edmonton and a few trials around the world in between.  It could be as simple as staying in 3.L with possibility of moving to B2 is more attractive (and possibly more lucrative) then coming home to be a big fish in a small pond.   CPL is starting. It will grow and as it does more players will choose it.  Until then, nothing wrong with sticking with the European option. 

I forgot he was in Edmonton, huh