NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

I can't find the original but his Wiki page quotes an article from FourFourTwo tilted "The Top Ten Worst Foreign Flops in SLeague History."

"By mid-season 2010, the club decided to release Fante due to his goalscoring ineptitude."

Ouch.

Edited by BuzzAndSting

1 hour ago, masster said:

Damn. No CPL homecoming with Pacific I guess.

This is definitely a upward move for him. Rostock is a much bigger club than Lotte, who were pretty much the smallest club in the 3. Liga. Rostock will likely be contenders for promotion next season and I'm pretty sure his wages will increase as well.

15 hours ago, Ivanovski94 said:

Adam has been in Germany for almost a decade now? He probably is settled in Germany, its his home and who knows maybe has a wife from there.

Except for those two years in Norway, 2017 with Edmonton and a few trials around the world in between.  It could be as simple as staying in 3.L with possibility of moving to B2 is more attractive (and possibly more lucrative) then coming home to be a big fish in a small pond.   CPL is starting. It will grow and as it does more players will choose it.  Until then, nothing wrong with sticking with the European option. 

6 hours ago, WheatsheafSK said:

Except for those two years in Norway, 2017 with Edmonton and a few trials around the world in between.  It could be as simple as staying in 3.L with possibility of moving to B2 is more attractive (and possibly more lucrative) then coming home to be a big fish in a small pond.   CPL is starting. It will grow and as it does more players will choose it.  Until then, nothing wrong with sticking with the European option. 

I forgot he was in Edmonton, huh

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 11:57 AM, Big_M said:

Gabriel Wiethaeuper-Balbinotti of Brazilian origins who played with Ottawa last year trialing with Sao Jose that plays in Serie C of Brazil

https://www.lenouvelliste.ca/sports/balbinotti-reve-au-bresil-352282ac477ad8b6390451e41cbc026d

Hes back in the montreal region as he played 66 minutes today in plsq with Lanaudiere in a 5-1 loss to csmro..probably looking for cpl fall season or next year

• 3 weeks later...

Carl Haworth has 4 goals and 4 assists in 15 USL games this year. And this is almost entirely from the right back position. He's also the captain of a USL side that is unbeaten in their last ten games. I'm surprised he hasn't had more of an opportunity with the CMNT, especially given their relative weakness at both full back positions.

1 hour ago, WyattTaylor said:

Carl Haworth has 4 goals and 4 assists in 15 USL games this year. And this is almost entirely from the right back position. He's also the captain of a USL side that is unbeaten in their last ten games. I'm surprised he hasn't had more of an opportunity with the CMNT, especially given their relative weakness at both full back positions.

Because Haworth before this season was pretty underwhelming as a player. He was with the team for one friendly i remember but then got hurt and fell out of the picture. Also low-key I wouldn't be surprised if players with the Ottawa program are persona non-grata within the CSA.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:12 AM, WheatsheafSK said:

Ledgerwood 2.0

21 hours ago, WyattTaylor said:

Hasn't he played most of his career as a striker?

I think this move to FB for Haworth was just a bit last year and has maybe taken hold this year.  Remember we had Petrasso/Aird etc that were converted wingers playing at a higher level than Haworth that we have tried at RB.  Maybe its worth a shot calling him but Godinho and ZBG have been doing a pretty good job so far in the gold cup.