NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

Personally I prefer tracking someone in the Swedish first division over U16 youth, haha.

Interesting article here discussing his work permit issues in depth: https://www.anderlecht-online.be/fr/article/25867 .

Apparently there is a second Canadian, who tried his luck there too. His name is Reka Leotrim.

https://www.anderlecht-online.be/fr/article/27199

Wanna help me find some info on them? So far I've got their names :D

Relly interesting part in the work permit issue article is that it says the Belgium national team would like to have him. He should definitely be followed more.

Het speciaal geval: Zohran Bassong

"Zohran zit in een speciale situatie. Hij heeft Belgische roots, maar is geboren in Canada. Daarom mag hij geen officiële wedstrijden spelen voor Anderlecht. De oplossing is dat hij een contract tekent. Dit kan op 7 mei, dan wordt hij zestien. In vriendschappelijke duels liet deze linkerflankspeler alvast een sterke indruk, zowel op technisch als fysiek vlak."

In this article, it says that Zohran could not play any official matches, until he turned 16 (on Mai 7, of this year), when he would be allowed to sign a contract.

That leads me to conclude that he probably has signed a contract with Anderlecht by now. It also says that he showed lot's of promise, both physically and technically. 

I've checked it on their site and Zohran is indeed playing for their U16. I cannot find Reka Leotrim on their site, my guess is he's no longer playing for them.

Edit: I did find this though:

Doelpunten:

U15: Mathias De Grave (4), Reka Leotrim en Gregory Descotte

De Canadees Reka Leotrim maakte zijn debuut voor Anderlecht. Pas na zeven maanden keurde FIFA zijn aansluiting goed.

Which means he did play for their U15 team last season. He got his FIFA-permission only after 7 months! And then scores in his debut for Anderlecht. And a couple of months later and he's no longer with them (or maybe injured?). 

Edited by shamrock

Made some minor updates to the Document.

I have added the position codes for all players that I know the exact position for. If it still says "Defender", "Midfielder", "Striker", then it means I don't know their exact position or haven't checked.

If anyone wants to help me with this task, please do.

Also changed the colour codes from red to white on black. This is to be more accessible for colour blind people.

Thanks. I changed the club to KS Besëlidhja Lezhë