NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎19 at 7:03 PM, Complete Homer said:

I'm going through the Canucks Abroad database for an article in an attempt to identify where each player trained. I've noticed one player who needs updating, I'll post more as I notice them.

Ross Harvey has moved from Geelong SC (AUS) to Auchinleck Talbot FC (Scotland) which is 6th (?) division

http://www.transfermarkt.com/ross-harvey/profil/spieler/61000

Hi CH, read this a few days ago but have to ask: what do you mean? Do you want to know what their youth club was, is that it?

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Hi CH, read this a few days ago but have to ask: what do you mean? Do you want to know what their youth club was, is that it?

Yeah, it has proven to be a bit more time consuming than I thought, so I don't think I'll get through the database in a timely manner 

Ideally it was to find not only which club they were at but at what age, to be able to nail down who exactly who would count as domestic in MLS of the rule was tweaked by eliminating the second condition of the new domestic rule. 

"Players who trained at an approved youth academy before the age of 16

AND 

Signed first contract with an MLS or MLS2 team"

The argument was going to be, as long as the CSA is relatively liberal with the approvals, we could approach half the player pool counting as domestic instead of a small handful gaining status. 

MLS has taken a hardline publicly on its legal position on the domestic rule, so it won't be changing anytime soon, but the point I wanted to make in the article was to ask why would a league that states that it has Canadian development as a goal would design the rule with an unnecessary clause that effectively neutered it's overall effect. 

I know it seems like making a blog post seems to be pissing into the wind, but it seems like the posts I make have gotten a decent readership, and I personally think that it isn't that hard to influence the narrative with the way articles spread through social media these days. 

Edited by Complete Homer

10 minutes ago, shermanator said:

League1 Ontario defender of the year Niba MacDonald has signed with FC Nitra of the Slovak second division.

http://www.league1ontario.com/news_article/show/762698?referrer_id=2309049

Has it been confirmed that he has any Canadian connection?  Sources in Slovakia only say that he has Cameroonian nationality. 

Edited by Toje

Charlie Trafford has signed with Sandecji in the Polish 2nd tier. He will be playing with Freddy Adu (I think he signed as well) ;)

http://www.90minut.pl/news/275/news2753486-Charlie-Trafford-pilkarzem-Sandecji.html

Edited by Toje