NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

21 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That is quite a step up, who is this guy then?

Edit: he's from Mississauga but the web page says he has ambitions of playing for India.

Here is a couple articles I found online. Thought it was relevant but don't want to derail this thread

http://www.mississauga.com/sports-story/6755650-opportunity-awaits-soccer-s-uday-arora-in-gibraltar/

http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/i-trained-with-the-argentinian-national-team-with-the-likes-of-messi-aguero-di-maria-says-indian-born-uday-arora

On 2016-12-21 at 10:29 PM, shermanator said:

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Will Johnson has signed a two year deal with Orlando City, expected to be announced Friday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-lions/on-the-pitch/os-orlando-city-agrees-to-deal-with-former-toronto-midfielder-will-johnson-20161221-story.html

It's official.

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/12/28/orlando-city-sc-acquires-two-time-mls-cup-champion-will-johnson

3 hours ago, Ruffian said:

I saw this tweet:

Santino Recine. Have people heard of him? Is this an actual Canadian?

This is the referenced tweet:

Any young center back getting a first team contract is good news. Anyone know much about this guy? If it's true he is getting a first team contract in Serie B, that is pretty big with our lack of young CBs

1 hour ago, Complete Homer said:

Any young center back getting a first team contract is good news. Anyone know much about this guy? If it's true he is getting a first team contract in Serie B, that is pretty big with our lack of young CBs

Italy does not have a reserve system, so he'll likely play out the year in Primavera (assume he's a 97 if he's 19) and get loaned out next season.

Confirming Attakora as previously announced by Sherm

“I’m very excited to be a part of the Deltas. I lived in the Bay Area for over two years during my time with the Earthquakes and fell in love with the area and the people. Hopefully, we bring championships to the San Francisco area and help build a strong football community.” - Nana Attakora

According to this article, Benito Floro wants to sign two Canadians to Alajuelense. http://www.teletica.com/Deportes/147799-Estas-son-las-primeras-peticiones-de-Benito-Floro-para-reforzar-planilla-de-Alajuelense.note.aspx

From Google Translate:

In that list, they emphasize two North American players that Floro already directed in the Selection of Canada and that knows perfectly.

Shall we begin the guessing game on which Voyageurs whipping boy joins up in CR? Straith? Piette? Bekker?

If you were to ask me, I would say Floro would bring in Edgar. Don't know if the salary would improve, however. 

I doubt he could tempt Sam away from Spain, at least not yet. Though he'd take a step up in terms of salary for sure. 

Basically, it has to be someone making a hundred grand or less, otherwise they are not going to be interested.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If you were to ask me, I would say Floro would bring in Edgar. Don't know if the salary would improve, however. 

I doubt he could tempt Sam away from Spain, at least not yet. Though he'd take a step up in terms of salary for sure. 

Basically, it has to be someone making a hundred grand or less, otherwise they are not going to be interested.

Sam should leave Spain. He isn't going to make it to the top or even second division.

42 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Sam should leave Spain. He isn't going to make it to the top or even second division.

Well I think we have to see this out. Two years ago at Depor but in 4th tier the whole season. Last year on loan in 3rd tier to January, then back to the Depor B team, in 4th tier. This all year and starting in third tier, and the team playing way over their head. He has only not started when with Canada. 

So the question is whether he is being seen by teams, and who, and if they think he could be worth a chance as a young player to move into 2nd Division. Then, clearly, he'd be at a strong competitive level and one that would be useful for Canada, as well as his finances. Playing B teams of top flight sides like Osasuna and Celta, where he is seen, as well as teams destined to be up in 2nd soon, like Santander, gives him a lot of exposure. And for sure, no doubt, scouts from other teams are watching his club, as they all know they are performing well and that they are being paid very little, the lowest budget of all clubs near them in the table.

On 2017-01-03 at 1:04 PM, Boominbooty said:

I imagine Straith -- he's out of contract now. For fun, how about Cavallini!

I would love for it to be straith. He is a good age, has plenty of experience, and is a Floro favrouite to boot. He would get a lot out of playing professionally in Latin America. 

I wouldn't rule out Jakovic. Played a lot under floro as well, and I can't imagine he'd be returning to Japan. If you're looking for an experienced CB in concacaf you could do a lot worse. 

9 hours ago, shamrock said:

Nice article about Félix Clapin-Girard,

he's left Grenada and the Pro-game as well, maybe he'll take another route (college) now. 

http://www.journallarevue.com/sports/soccer/2017/1/7/les-bas-d-une-carriere-professionnelle.html

Never made the link of who his father is. His father is Guy Girard who has done color commentary of many soccer games in the Gatineau region including Fury games on the radio. The world is small.

Edited by Blackdude

10 hours ago, shamrock said:

Still in the same Mickey Mouse league. But whatever, if he makes more of an impression than he did at Nacional, surely then he can make a transfer to a better league. 

I don't think you would make that comment about Scotland, but Peñarol is a S American equivalent of Rangers or Celtic, smaller league, powerful team, huge fan base, very high profile, lots of media attention. Trouble competing in Libertadores when qualifying as economically not at the level of the major Argie, Brazilian or even Colombian clubs. Peñarol has won Libertadores 5 times, but not since '87, though they played a final 5 years ago.

They've won the Intercontinental 3 times, tied for the most trophies.

Re Nacional...he was a kid there, now he is an adult and experienced. And his salary likely just went up four-fold, five-fold.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist