NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Here is the latest info I was able to find on Malyk from someone who closely follows West Ham youth players.

'Malyk is an attacking midfielder from Canada who is part of this season's scholarship intake. He joined as an U12 from Calgary Foothills and was one of the U16s key players last season whilst making a few U18 appearances. He is one of a few players from this group to make their U18 debut as an U15 (in the 2014/15 season).

It's hard to say what the U18s are going to do attacking-midfielder wise. As well as Domingos Quina there is also Dan Kemp but I reckon in the second half of the season the first two will be mainly U21 players and Malyk should be first choice AM for the 18s.'

Is he a '99?

That brings the Fury up to 5 Canadian Internationals. 1 regular (JDG) 1 squad player (Tissot) and three fringe players (Dixon, Roberts, Porter). With Porter not being able to find a way back into the NT picture in Ottawa, I wonder what Dixon's chances are of a second cap...

Edited by Obinna

He was in a dead-end street at Jaro, fighting against relegation in Finlands second division...Interesting to find out what he brings to the table.

Side-note: this devaluation of the Canadian dollar is proving to be beneficial to Canadian soccer players. 

Piette with his new teammates, the new signings.

They play in blue and white, started preseason training on Monday. Have a friendly this weekend.

I remember that bar, watch the game from there easily. This team is really very modest to be in third tier, if they stay up that is amazing. It is virtually impossible for them to think about promoting any higher.

13692735_926331850827380_4827805063225164512_n.jpg

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 22/7/2016 at 1:24 AM, jpg75 said:

Probably a much better chance for Piette to be in the starting XI compared to when he was at Ferrol, right?

From what his coach says, he is set for starting defensive mid role. 

Thing is, he was subbing on and getting minutes at Ferrol. He was playing a role on a team leading their division, their 12th man, they actually slipped and lost the lead after he left (really hurting their promotion chances). And that team was way stronger with greater potential than this.

I think the coach doing that asshole move and subbing him off early 1st half in a match last winter just plain pissed him off, was it back in Jan I guess? That was a bad move and unnecessary, and Sam said enough.

IMO, this is not the best move for his football future, or his economy, though as I say, nice place to be and I am sure he'll have fun.

18 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

From what his coach says, he is set for starting defensive mid role. 

Thing is, he was subbing on and getting minutes at Ferrol. He was playing a role on a team leading their division, their 12th man, they actually slipped and lost the lead after he left (really hurting their promotion chances). And that team was way stronger with greater potential than this.

I think the coach doing that asshole move and subbing him off early 1st half in a match last winter just plain pissed him off, was it back in Jan I guess? That was a bad move and unnecessary, and Sam said enough.

IMO, this is not the best move for his football future, or his economy, though as I say, nice place to be and I am sure he'll have fun.

It isn't.

It is starting to become obvious that maybe the heights we thought Piette would get to won't be reached. It's a bit worrying how much faith Floro puts in him considering the fact that his club career has been disappointing and stagnant since 2012.

He's still young, but this doesn't look promising.

I don't see what is wrong with this move. A starter on a Spanish 3rd division club is not a bad place for a 21 year old Canadian player. He has left a bigger club but we do not know how much he was in their plans or in those of Dusseldorf before. If you look at the average league level of our national team players he is not that far below it in the Spanish 3rd division. A good season with Izarra and he could attract interest from the 2nd division which would put him at a level as high or higher than most of our national team starters. He is in a good pyramid and needs to play to showcase himself and move up it. He may or may not do so but I don't see this as a bad move at all.

40 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

I don't see what is wrong with this move. A starter on a Spanish 3rd division club is not a bad place for a 21 year old Canadian player. He has left a bigger club but we do not know how much he was in their plans or in those of Dusseldorf before. If you look at the average league level of our national team players he is not that far below it in the Spanish 3rd division. A good season with Izarra and he could attract interest from the 2nd division which would put him at a level as high or higher than most of our national team starters. He is in a good pyramid and needs to play to showcase himself and move up it. He may or may not do so but I don't see this as a bad move at all.

I agree, his age makes this acceptable, if he were 23-24 I would not be so sure. It also makes what he is probably making palatable (as I say, if it is 3000 euros a month that'd be about right.  Also that he will be playing against a few stronger clubs in the division (they start against Ponferradina, Hume's last club now relegated, Osasuna's second team is in it too). Of course, if they'd promoted with Deportivo B that would have been his best option. 

James' move to Vasas looked underwhelming to me, but after three games they have yet to loose a game. His role has been limited so far but nonetheless. Great start of the season. 

Thomas' bad luck doesn't seem to come to an end. After Halldorson left his club signed a new goalkeeper, 30 year old Ukrainian Sergey Pogorely. I think Thomas is injured cause he wasn't on the bench, so it makes sense to get a new goaly for the club. Maybe Thomas should look for a loan. He's struggled to find a club for years, so you can't blame him for signing a 3 year contract last season, but surely it didn't pan out the way he thought at the time. 

4 hours ago, shamrock said:

James' move to Vasas looked underwhelming to me, but after three games they have yet to loose a game. His role has been limited so far but nonetheless. Great start of the season. 

Thomas' bad luck doesn't seem to come to an end. After Halldorson left his club signed a new goalkeeper, 30 year old Ukrainian Sergey Pogorely. I think Thomas is injured cause he wasn't on the bench, so it makes sense to get a new goaly for the club. Maybe Thomas should look for a loan. He's struggled to find a club for years, so you can't blame him for signing a 3 year contract last season, but surely it didn't pan out the way he thought at the time. 

On the flip side Chencinski is playing regularly for his club.

7 hours ago, shamrock said:

I wouldn't worry too much about Glimt's new signing, Thomas is injured. I don't know the specs of his injury though.

On 8/2/2016 at 9:17 AM, youllneverwalkalone said:

26 is still young for a keeper. Thomas is in a good spot, knocking on the door as a starter for a top tier club in Norway. Honestly, much better than I thought he'd do when he was the Caps back-up in USL.

Actually there was a brief time when he was doing a stint as the GK coach for our own Calgary Foothills.  I was like...what the...and a bit of player coaching as well just before they hit PDL status.  I can't lie, I thought his pro career was over at that point.