Julian De Guzman

Ruffian

There is a plan in play for Voyageurs awards to be etched mini (or not) paddles for players.

So when player X has trophies and plaques and awards, one of them will really stand out.

A wood engraved paddle.

I like this idea..I would contribute

The donations module was stuck on US currency.

I'm trying to fix it.

Should be up on the weekend as I have a wedding to go to tomorrow. Damn you Rudi.

It will have donation and tracking of all member contributions.

It will up for

Dero Retirement

Julian record

Incorporation & Legal fees

• 1 month later...

Can this plan be executed on in time for Jules in November?

Are we doing this if he plays on Tuesday and breaks the record? The Ottawa guys can try and contact the Fury to then get into contact with DeGuzman.

We can also get this done in time for March if that's easier. I'd be happy if my 2x$5 of donations for incorporation went to this.

Feel bad for the Fury; however JDG made the right choice. You don't miss WCQ for anything if you are called.

I agree, but it showcases how pathetic North American leagues are for ignoring the FIFA calendar. The fact that NASL's league final falls right between big WCQ games for the two countries it's based in is pretty amateur.

I do think he made the right choice, but the choice itself was unfair to him and Fury. Still, country > club.

I genuinely think the NASL didn't expect international callups to be an issue. Most lower divisions worldwide don't. And for the vast majority of their league, they'd have been right... but Ottawa went on a run.

Between that and Laing in Edmonton, hopefully there'll be pressure to respect international breaks last season, at least for the playoffs.

I genuinely think the NASL didn't expect international callups to be an issue. Most lower divisions worldwide don't. And for the vast majority of their league, they'd have been right... but Ottawa went on a run.

Between that and Laing in Edmonton, hopefully there'll be pressure to respect international breaks last season, at least for the playoffs.

Cosmos also had a player (ironically from El Salvador) who was called up and decided not to represent his country and play for the NYC instead.

I think you are right about NASL's expectations.  However, if they have Division 1 aspirations (realistic or otherwise), they need to respect international breaks.  Might help put the pressure on MLS if a rival league is doing this.

Archived