Congrats to Cyle Larin on MLS Rookie Record

apbsmith

21 minutes ago, matty said:

Mlsmultiplex have reported it and espn called the figure too high

MLS Multiplex the blogging site? Is this the article in question? http://mlsmultiplex.com/2016/09/28/cyle-larin-bis-star-major-league-soccer/  If so, the article is quoting a Twitter user with zero known credentials, who themselves are quoting an unnamed source that may or may not exist. Hardly reliable.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, shermanator said:

MLS Multiplex the blogging site? Is this the article in question? http://mlsmultiplex.com/2016/09/28/cyle-larin-bis-star-major-league-soccer/  If so, the article is quoting a Twitter user with zero known credentials, who themselves are quoting an unnamed source that may or may not exist. Hardly reliable.

I agree but the number has been thrown around enough for espn to address

• 3 weeks later...

Paul Tenorio is reporting that Larin is drawing interest from Celtic:

Celtic interest – Darlington Nagbe isn’t the only MLS player Celtic is watching in the January window.

With some of Europe’s biggest clubs tracking Moussa Dembélé, Brendan Rodgers is starting to scan the world market for a potential replacement. Orlando City forward Cyle Larin is among the strikers Celtic is tracking, according to a source.

Larin is entering the third year of his deal in MLS, which means Orlando City would still only see 50 percent of a transfer fee if Larin is moved before the end of the season. That puts the Lions in a tough spot. Holding on to him for another year maximizes the profit. But if Larin can fetch a high transfer fee, it would be an important infusion of cash for a team that doesn’t have much on hand. Orlando City would be losing its top goal-scorer, but it would start to have some flexibility for Jason Kreis to make more moves.

The question is what price MLS would set for the 21-year-old Canadian, who has scored 31 goals in 59 MLS league games. 

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/toronto-fc-mls-cup-roster-salary-cap-offseason-moves?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_m_medium=t

32 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Celtic would be a good move. It's a club and league I always imagined him having success in. Would be a great door into the EPL and he'd get plenty of European competition. 

Agreed.  Primeira Liga (Benfica rumour). Serie A (Lazio rumour) and La Liga (Granada CF) would all be a HUGE step up. Larin is not very technical.

Celtic would seem wise but I'd be worried Larin would get Seasonal Affective Disorder in cloudy dark Scottish winters ;) ; he seems to love his Florida heat and sunshine!

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Celtic would be a good move. It's a club and league I always imagined him having success in. Would be a great door into the EPL and he'd get plenty of European competition. 

I still would like to see him move to Genk. I think it would be a better place for him to develop. Plus they're called Genk

11 hours ago, PopePouri said:

I can it be at most 5 mil. If Nagbe is being contemplates for 1.5, a player in his prime and solid MLS'er, I can't see Larin being much more than that.

4 hours ago, PhillyCanuck said:

The Daily Record article says a source of theirs estimate him at 3 million pounds, or just under 4 mil US

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2016 at 0:32 AM, PhillyCanuck said:

Transfermarkt recently completed its periodic assessment of MLS players and Cyle Larin is now valued at 2.5 million EUR, which makes him one of the Top 10 most valuable players in MLS behind only Giovinco, dos Santos, Lodeiro, Villa, Dempsey, Bradley, and Movsisyan:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/major-league-soccer/marktwerte/wettbewerb/MLS1

Larin is worth the same as Altidore.  I knew TFC was over paying! 

Archived