Congrats to Cyle Larin on MLS Rookie Record

apbsmith

This does not happen every year in this MLS, and he is a CMNT member.  :)

Felt this accomplishment deserved it's own thread.

His development as a 20 year old has been fun to watch, yes it has been up and down at times, more up, but still fun to watch.  I am well aware, receiving playing time, getting good service etc. etc. helps his cause for the MLS record. At the end of the day, he still has to put the ball in the back of the net,  14 times now this season.  Congrats, young man.

Highlights below from his hat trick this weekend and his MLS record breaking goal. All goals showed his quality, would have possibly had a 4th if not for the OG.  Here is hoping he carries that form into the WCQ campaign. :)

0:14, 1:05 , 3:28 .... the OG at 1:55

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-09-25-new-york-red-bulls-vs-orlando-city-sc/details/video/50794

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see! I love reading comments on MLSsoccer.com of Americans wishing he was USMNT eligible. Couldn't they just be happy with Bunbury? :)

Imagine if Larin had an American grandfather... I'm sure it would be non-stop bias about how he is the next USMNT star and he should be leaving us.   

15. A year ago, who would have guessed?

What stands out to me is the reaction of Kaka, a guy who played with giants, literal GIANTS of the game, celebrating like he was a sub for a league 2 side who just beat a Premier league team in the FA cup.

To have a player of such pedigree, after everything he's accomplished, so genuinely excited for Larin. It is moving beyond words. It speaks to the utter ability of this player. Is he streaky?, sure. But MLS is a league now, where this kind of output makes other leagues stand up and notice.

Who knows where Larin might be in a year or two?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived