Vancouver confirmed - Nov 13 vs Honduras

FootieFool

Who is interested in continuing the tradition of a supporters match before the Nov 13 game? There are a few fields available near by, such as Andy Livingstone turf field, I know most locals will be working but out of town V's should be free. I was thinking from 2 to 4 pm or 3 to 5. What do you guys think. We would need enough players to chip in for the field rental. I'm currently looking up the cost.

I'd be in.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is interested in continuing the tradition of a supporters match before the Nov 13 game? There are a few fields available near by, such as Andy Livingstone turf field, I know most locals will be working but out of town V's should be free. I was thinking from 2 to 4 pm or 3 to 5. What do you guys think. We would need enough players to chip in for the field rental. I'm currently looking up the cost.

Hell yah! I'm bringing a whole team....seriously I am, how does about 12 players sound?

When I am back in Van me and even more so my kid have played pick up at the field beside False Creek Elementary (Charleson Park), they've improved it quite a bit too, grass is smoother. Not sure if you can reserve, but usually it's free, good area around it for non-players. Can even play half field. And pretty close to the stadium.

https://goo.gl/maps/vvEV9FCqrnN2

I creep around on the SKC big soccer board from time to time, just to keep current on  what the level of disdan is for Dr Jong.

I read that they don't expect Espinoza back for another month at least. Good news for us as even if he's called in it's hard to imagine him being match fit before the WCQ.

Another consideration is that most of the Hondurans in MLS are on non-playoff teams (as of now) so there could be 4 other starters (Bernardez, Figueroa, Garrido and Garcia) on their side who have been on the sidelines since mid-October by the time this game rolls around.

Another consideration is that most of the Hondurans in MLS are on non-playoff teams (as of now) so there could be 4 other starters (Bernardez, Figueroa, Garrido and Garcia) on their side who have been on the sidelines since mid-October by the time this game rolls around.

Not a starter but Rochez of Orlando City may fall in that category as well if the Lions fail to finish above the red line.

Given his strong finish to the season, I wouldn't be surprised for him to get the Honduras call.

• 1 month later...

11 Days till the big match. Just got tickets delivered. Thanks to everyone who is organizing this. Excitement is growing! Looking forward to meeting up with all of the BC and travelling supporters. Hoping for a good atmosphere and a big 3 points.

Does anyone see Aird getting a start? Or just coming off the bench?

Archived