Vancouver confirmed - Nov 13 vs Honduras

FootieFool

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is The Canadian Men's team isn't exactly a great draw or form of entertainment for the casual joe canadian fans. Also Mont Pete doesn't realize that the majority if Canadians aren't truly patriotic to the sport of futbol and could care less if Mont Serrat plays Canada, they won't pack a stadium. I agree that the prices should've been lowered to get more bums in the seats and then slowly raised afterwards. In the end the opposing fans will probably gobble up ainy tix at any price and thats what Mont Pete is banking on more than the average joe canadian which is sad.

Seriously seats are being sold for $60, $40 and $25!?!? No wonder nobody goes to these games they're way overpriced. In central and South America you can get into the stadium for dirt cheap unless it's a game that's high in demand and last I checked this is not the case with the CSA. This is just price gouging and a deterrence for anyone wanting to go to the game. If they wanted to pack the place they should charge 30, 20, and 10$. Get over yourselves CSA. I love how today these suits don't even try to cater to spectators and have this arrogance that YOU must come to OUR show like you owe it to them. I've seen this attitude with Bettman, Saputo and now CSA.

This is dirt cheap, relatively speaking. Better deal than CFL games, at least in my city, and even the $60 premium seats are cheaper than the most inexpensive Jets' ticket. Echoing the poster above, I don't think price is the reason people aren't going to these games.

Excited for the game! Finally get to see our boys out west here. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised at the amount of people that turn up. Seeing the amount we get for the womens team should be an indicator. Obviously not the world cup finals, but i think it fair to say that more people are interested in the mens team vs woman. Though i could be wrong. Looking forward to seeing some plans for pre-game festivities and tfio creation. I'm all aboard.

I'm hoping a lot of out of town Vs can make the trip to the beautiful west coast. Would love a large and raucous supporters section!

Personally I can't wait! I've seen the nats in Montreal, Toronto, and Seattle but not in Metro Vancouver since the Swangard days!

:cool:

I think there might be a small contingent from Ottawa coming to YVR.

Wonder how many Hondurans came out to BC place tonight to see Olimpia vs VW in CCL.

Looks like about 40 with Olimpia and Honduras flags behind the opposite goal, usually away at BC Place is over the NE corner or so. I would imagine we might see close to a thousand vs. Canada, or a bit less.

I think that game is a little taste of what it may mean to see Honduras in November, though I`d say both teams will be better, as this was a relatively weak WC side, excepting Waston and Laba not our regulars and less organized. Better than vs. Seattle in ConcaChampions but still. 

This is dirt cheap, relatively speaking. Better deal than CFL games, at least in my city, and even the $60 premium seats are cheaper than the most inexpensive Jets' ticket. Echoing the poster above, I don't think price is the reason people aren't going to these games.

You can't compare NHL ticket prices to CSA soccer. How much do NHLers make? That's how they justify $200 seats.

You'd be surprised how some people in some south and Central American countries earn, almost the same as middle class here or higher and have a way higher quality of life than us. I know I lived there four years. We as Canadians get gouged for all sorts of things: groceries, restaurants, cinema, gas, air plane tickets, public transportation, rent, buying a house etc.

Plus with this recession, despite what Steve Harper might think, people are losing jobs, while there's inflation and prices going up while salaries stay stagnant. I can't imagine going to the game on my salary alone for $60 each for me and my family plus parking and concessions that's like close to $300 without those perks you mentioned. Doesn't sound dirt cheap.

The price should match the product on the field. CSA is not Argentina, England or Mexico Selection - that's right Maestro.

Yup. Did you see the starting prices for the Canada vs Ghana friendly? Tickets START at $80CAN + tax!

That's definitely a rip off! I'm surely staying home and follow the match on a Belize channel 5 stream! Unless CSA can actually get someone to broadcast our WCQ games for all to see and not have to charge to watch that also. That's right Maestro.

You can't compare NHL ticket prices to CSA soccer. How much do NHLers make? That's how they justify $200 seats.

You'd be surprised how some people in some south and Central American countries earn, almost the same as middle class here or higher and have a way higher quality of life than us. I know I lived there four years. We as Canadians get gouged for all sorts of things: groceries, restaurants, cinema, gas, air plane tickets, public transportation, rent, buying a house etc.

Plus with this recession, despite what Steve Harper might think, people are losing jobs, while there's inflation and prices going up while salaries stay stagnant. I can't imagine going to the game on my salary alone for $60 each for me and my family plus parking and concessions that's like close to $300 without those perks you mentioned. Doesn't sound dirt cheap.

The price should match the product on the field. CSA is not Argentina, England or Mexico Selection - that's right Maestro.

If you cant afford 60$ each for your family then buy the 25$ tix. Thats why they have different price points. Nobody said you have to buy the most expensive tickets.

They should open the upper deck for the Honduran fans and put them in the worst spot of the upper deck and ban Honduran jerseys in the lower bowl.

I like the idea of the jersey ban, the problem with having them in the Upper Bowl is that they will throw bags of piss down on us!

I like the idea of the jersey ban, the problem with having them in the Upper Bowl is that they will throw bags of piss down on us!

Sell them only the upper half of the sections and put a lot of security there. We will be in a very high section in Azteca in Mexico, no reason not to do the same to the away fans here.

Archived